Trophy Thoughts?

AnEldritchThing

14 hours ago, Marloges said:

Maybe the final boss on top is an exception, he's the only enemy I lost against in that dungeon. And I'm very happy for it, he hits hard.

Funny how it seems to be the opposite for you, haha.

Well, I went there just to check things out right after True Dungeon, so yeah. But what's funny is that Amon and mini-bosses were easier (way easier) than some of the enemies before him, go figure. I mean, crazy doctor and big guy hit harder (about 800-900), and some biker guy on third floor (I think) has a skill with critical hit, which in his case means 1000 damage. And right after him some luchador has instakill attack that he charges for one turn.
Amon, on the other hand, is pretty chill most of the fight, with occasional exception of drones, satellite strike and having 3 bodyguards (which are pretty easy to manage). While he also has instakills, he uses them only right at the tail end of the fight.

I actually really liked Amon in this dungeon. In Final he is really easy and doesn't feel like a challenge, but here he is pretty cool secret boss, and fight with him feels like a puzzle you can crack if you are careful.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

Well, I went there just to check things out right after True Dungeon, so yeah. But what's funny is that Amon and mini-bosses were easier (way easier) than some of the enemies before him, go figure. I mean, crazy doctor and big guy hit harder (about 800-900), and some biker guy on third floor (I think) has a skill with critical hit, which in his case means 1000 damage. And right after him some luchador has instakill attack that he charges for one turn.
Amon, on the other hand, is pretty chill most of the fight, with occasional exception of drones, satellite strike and having 3 bodyguards (which are pretty easy to manage). While he also has instakills, he uses them only right at the tail end of the fight.

I actually really liked Amon in this dungeon. In Final he is really easy and doesn't feel like a challenge, but here he is pretty cool secret boss, and fight with him feels like a puzzle you can crack if you are careful.

My problem in that fight was, that nobody except Kasuga survived his satelite attack and once Kasuga fought alone (especially because Amon likes to use his instakill move right afterwards), I didn't have any chance to heal back up with four enemies at once. The only chance I had, was to kill one of his ads after another with single hit attacks and then go for Amon last. Three teammates still died from his satelite but I managed to heal back up since he was alone (and his damn insta kill didn't hit that one time x.X). So I definitely recommend grinding a bit more HP than I did, haha. I had around 1700-1800 with my mates. Alternatively, you can probably equip some electricity resistance items to survive that one attack.

Edit: In general, I recommend using Kasugas "Peerless Resolve" (I think it was called) skill that lets him survive one blow. That helped me a lot.

Edited by Marloges
  • Like 2

You can probably try to tag out k.o.'d people, since there are 7 people total and you fight with 4, but I haven't tried it.
Yeah, satellite strike is devastating and there's not really a good way to avoid it, but somehow all my guys survived it. It was on of the ad's all-out attacks that murdered 2 guys and heavy damaged other 2. So the best strategy is to kill ads first (since 2 of them are pretty weak in terms of HP) and don't make Amon go to his final forms (since he only then uses laser and instakills). I made this mistake and had Satellite Strike and T.S.'s superstrike in a row and almost lost.

I'll be honest, I grinded 99 level jobs for a few days before so my Ichiban had 2360 HP, while others were in range of 1700-1900, so I could take most of hits. But honestly, 2 fully-leveled jobs or 5-6 didn't really change how much damage enemies in the tower deal. So I guess it's the same with Amon.
The other idea is to find all the sacrifice stones (there are 4 of them, 2 in safes, 2 in Half-Time Hero) and give them to the party.
Also it's a good idea to take party members with water-based attacks, since 2 of the ads are weak to water (Amon at first doesn't resist it, too, but physical damage is a good way to damage him for the first 1-2 phases of battle).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

You can probably try to tag out k.o.'d people, since there are 7 people total and you fight with 4, but I haven't tried it.
Yeah, satellite strike is devastating and there's not really a good way to avoid it, but somehow all my guys survived it. It was on of the ad's all-out attacks that murdered 2 guys and heavy damaged other 2. So the best strategy is to kill ads first (since 2 of them are pretty weak in terms of HP) and don't make Amon go to his final forms (since he only then uses laser and instakills). I made this mistake and had Satellite Strike and T.S.'s superstrike in a row and almost lost.

I'll be honest, I grinded 99 level jobs for a few days before so my Ichiban had 2360 HP, while others were in range of 1700-1900, so I could take most of hits. But honestly, 2 fully-leveled jobs or 5-6 didn't really change how much damage enemies in the tower deal. So I guess it's the same with Amon.
The other idea is to find all the sacrifice stones (there are 4 of them, 2 in safes, 2 in Half-Time Hero) and give them to the party.
Also it's a good idea to take party members with water-based attacks, since 2 of the ads are weak to water (Amon at first doesn't resist it, too, but physical damage is a good way to damage him for the first 1-2 phases of battle).

The Sacrifice Stone thing is a good idea for that fight specifically. I didn't really have that option after my first loss because you can't change your equipment once you started the battle. Wasn't really interested in repeating the entire dungeon, haha. But yeah, I'm sure there are way easier ways to do it than the way I did it. I just kinda went in there after a few hours of power leveling and got out lucky in the end.