Worm Boss (Rebelling Trophy)

For anyone else who's stuck on the "Worm Boss" - the key is to get five downs. You have to conserve ammo, first and foremost. So, don't shoot when the worm closes its vulnerability, which would be a waste of ammo. Many a time, I ran out of ammo and had to die. Anyway, when the worm comes out, you're hoping for a chance to keep shooting and shooting to down it . If it "screams" at you, which causes damage, you missed the chance for a down, and you'd better hope to have enough ammo to do the rest of the downs you need. Otherwise, it's useless and you might as well die and restart the boss fight. 

I noticed that after four downs, the worm gets coy and lets you shoot it only a little, but not enough to get a down. It closes up and retreats. Waste of ammo to shoot the worm when it does this move. I think what's really going on is for the fifth and final down, the game requires you to down the worm when it comes out of the far right hole (due to the boss's death fall, which creates a new pathway for you to continue along). So, don't waste ammo on the middle or far left worm appearances after you get four downs. You're looking to get the fifth and final down on the worm coming out of the far right hole. Yeah, it may be awkward if you kind of have to turn around (in real life), which causes potential camera issues or weird twisting of your body or inaccurate shooting with the worm too close to you. But you'll just have to make it work.

Hope that saves a gamer or two from frustration on Normal mode. I don't think running out of ammo is a glitch that requires starting a new game. It's just, you need to realize you have to get five downs (of which the final one HAS to be the worm coming out of the far right hole) and to otherwise conserve ammo. Good luck!

• Like 1

Yes. Lol. I want to get these tips on as many forums as I can because when I searched for tips after getting stumped, I couldn't find anything anywhere. There was a video, but I had to figure out for myself what the person did to beat the Worm Boss. It wasn't so clear. Anyway, there are now more chances someone who's getting desperate will find out what to do, depending on which site they use.

• Like 1