I'm the man trophy - Where can I see my finish times?

Detox2033

• 1 month later...

I can answer this since I just did it. Yes, you can replay select levels from the menu without having to go through each episodes 'New Game'. I know this because I finished the first 3 Episodes as fast as I could, and it did not pop. Okay, so I went through level select and it popped for me after E1M3. I barely had to replay anything and it finally showed up.

Best advice is to keep each level under 5 minutes. 8 levels per episode (secret levels are not required). Your aim is 40 minutes per Episode (1-3, #4 isn't required), and there is NO in-game timer to keep track as far as I can tell. If you can, write down your times at the end of each level. This is what is used for your total time (the fastest replay time will always be used).

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, agorazUHD said:

I can answer this since I just did it. Yes, you can replay select levels from the menu without having to go through each episodes 'New Game'. I know this because I finished the first 3 Episodes as fast as I could, and it did not pop. Okay, so I went through level select and it popped for me after E1M3. I barely had to replay anything and it finally showed up.

Best advice is to keep each level under 5 minutes. 8 levels per episode (secret levels are not required). Your aim is 40 minutes per Episode (1-3, #4 isn't required), and there is NO in-game timer to keep track as far as I can tell. If you can, write down your times at the end of each level. This is what is used for your total time (the fastest replay time will always be used).

Hope this helps!

Oh yes, this helps a lot!!!! Thanks.

They patched hundreds of good things but sadly no finished time tracker. This would be sooo easy to display!

This means I just have to replay my worst levels very quick and when I'm under the total time, trophy pops right away at the level finish screen?

7 hours ago, Detox2033 said:

Oh yes, this helps a lot!!!! Thanks.

They patched hundreds of good things but sadly no finished time tracker. This would be sooo easy to display!

This means I just have to replay my worst levels very quick and when I'm under the total time, trophy pops right away at the level finish screen?

Yes, the trophy should pop pretty quick, even before the screen shows with the time information. It will be like hit the switch and ding, trophy.

I had one bad level that was like 8 minutes to finish, which I think screwed me on my initial run to get under 2 hours. Backtracking wasn't too bad, and some levels (like the very first one E1M1) can be done in less than 30 seconds if you just run straight to the exit switch. Don't even worry about killing guys unless they are literally in your way.

...It's kinda good practice for the Nightmare run actually LOL

• Like 1

20 hours ago, agorazUHD said:

Yes, the trophy should pop pretty quick, even before the screen shows with the time information. It will be like hit the switch and ding, trophy.

I had one bad level that was like 8 minutes to finish, which I think screwed me on my initial run to get under 2 hours. Backtracking wasn't too bad, and some levels (like the very first one E1M1) can be done in less than 30 seconds if you just run straight to the exit switch. Don't even worry about killing guys unless they are literally in your way.

...It's kinda good practice for the Nightmare run actually LOL

Okay, do you know also know if you can pause the game, when something to look up in a video speed run and during pause menu the timer doesn't still counts? I can try it myself in the very first level :) I did already the whole first episode via speedrun methods but still no trophy. So I guess I messed up with 1,2 levels in episode 2/3

12 hours ago, Detox2033 said:

Okay, do you know also know if you can pause the game, when something to look up in a video speed run and during pause menu the timer doesn't still counts? I can try it myself in the very first level :) I did already the whole first episode via speedrun methods but still no trophy. So I guess I messed up with 1,2 levels in episode 2/3

Pausing should be okay. I'm almost positive I paused in the middle of a level for like 10 minutes when I went to the kitchen for something.

When in doubt, just repeat a level for a faster time. Remember, the idea is to go from point A to point B as quick as possible, and only grab keycards if they are required. Some keycards will only be needed for extra weapons/health kits, so once you know the level, you can skip going for those and only grab the ones that unlock ways to the exit. The Mission 8 levels that require beating the Bosses are also good ones to rush through too (E2M8 and beating the CyberDemon Boss for example - just grab as many rockets as you can and get right in his face firing).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agorazUHD said:

Pausing should be okay. I'm almost positive I paused in the middle of a level for like 10 minutes when I went to the kitchen for something.

When in doubt, just repeat a level for a faster time. Remember, the idea is to go from point A to point B as quick as possible, and only grab keycards if they are required. Some keycards will only be needed for extra weapons/health kits, so once you know the level, you can skip going for those and only grab the ones that unlock ways to the exit. The Mission 8 levels that require beating the Bosses are also good ones to rush through too (E2M8 and beating the CyberDemon Boss for example - just grab as many rockets as you can and get right in his face firing).

Last question especially for bosses:

The very first difficulty counts for the time tracking trophy, right? I think I played through the game on 2nd or 3rd difficulty.

50 minutes ago, Detox2033 said:

Last question especially for bosses:

The very first difficulty counts for the time tracking trophy, right? I think I played through the game on 2nd or 3rd difficulty.

Difficulty does not matter for the speed run. In fact, playing on "I'm too young to die" is recommended since it's the easiest setting with the fewest enemies wandering around.

Now, if you have played on more difficult settings and want to switch it up (with easier difficulty on some individual levels), that I do not know if it will work. During my run, it was nothing but the easiest setting just so I could clear it in one go. It may be required all levels be played on the same difficulty, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.