Connected to EA servers

SirWaWa

There are only 3 online trophies but if the EA server disconnects whilst your playing, it can potentially disable all of the trophies for your current playthrough due to an unfixed bug. You can avoid this problem by either always playing offline and doing the online trophies as a separate playthrough or play online from the get-go but immediately force closing the game if the server connection drops out at any point, then rebooting the game and loading a pre-disconnect save.

Andromeda is the only Bioware game with this bug, no other title in their back catalogue suffers from it. ME 3 has 1 online only trophy but it's piss easy to get if you have all the DLCs and play the webgame on the official ME website. Neither ME 1 & 2 have any online trophies, nor do any of the Dragon Age games.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, SirWaWa said:

I have the ME3 trophy already by playing that galactic war mobile game. Sounds like ME:A could be a potentially stressful run. So if things go awry do you have to restart from a brand new game?

Thanks about the DA games, nothing to worry about that then.

If you have an old enough save handy, then you won't have to to start over from scratch.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If you have an old enough save handy, then you won't have to to start over from scratch.

I haven't played this yet but will "soon", is it autosave, manual save, both?

Do you get notified when you lose connection? Can you manually reconnect? Is there any way to track saves that had a persistent connection?

6 minutes ago, SirWaWa said:

I haven't played this yet but will "soon", is it autosave, manual save, both?

Do you get notified when you lose connection? Can you manually reconnect? Is there any way to track saves that had a persistent connection?

1: If it's anything like the previous games, it will have both.

2: Sometimes yes, sometimes no from what I've read so you really have to keep a close eye on the connection icon in the main menu. If the connection goes out, then the only way to force a reconnect (AFAIK) is by closing the game down then rebooting it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I lost connection just before sending a strike team on a mission. I lost the mission but it didn't count as a failure. All because PSN sent me a message of having a 50% off sale.

Reconnected PERFECTLY fine after and reloaded an old save. Gained nothing but wasted time.