Domesticating a wild beefalo

Koro249

I was wondering if, by chance, anyone here has a world where they just domesticated a beefalo or about to do so, as a friend and me are trying to get the trophy and it's quite daunting so a quick help would be greatly appreciated.

If not thats not a problem at all but i was also wondering: does it make a difference if i feed the beefalo a lot of food at once and then wait a couple in game hours or if i keep feeding him consistently but with lower volumes?

Any other tips are greatly appreciated to of course.

Thx in advance

Save up 400 or so twigs, build a saddle and you ready to go, i found a heard, fed 1 about 15 twigs then equipped a saddle and rode it to a pre made pen next to my base, so i could camp there next to my food sources for the 20 days or so it takes to domesticate it, feed it until it stops asking (looks like its yawning after you feed it) then ride it for 20 secs, re feed until night, camp at fire n cook farm goods, rinse n repeat

If it farts youve fed it its limit, only other thing to watch out for during the 20 days is mating season, if the beefalo enters mating season during domestication it will attack you, only solution is to make and equip a beefalo hat, then feed and ride as usual, it entered mating season 19 days into my domestication n i had to look up why it started to attack, its easy as hell to domesticate it, you just need to make a saddle, farm 2-3 chests full of twigs and build a pen before you start, i even pitchforked the inside of the pen with the grassy turf where the heards reside so it was automatically feeding itself as well, now that mine is domesticated il keep it penned as itll be a good easy source of manure to fetilise my crops and if needed i now have fast travel, hope this helps 

Edited by Shmeefly