Controller cleaning & maintenance

iliya0212

Hi guys, so I have a small collection of controllers and would love to get some advice for best practices for maintenance.

I was running into issues of sticky analog sticks for controllers I haven't used in a while, something that is manageable but annoying. How do you clean your controllers to keep them as pristine as possible?

Also, what is your advice as for usage and charging, because I really want to keep them alive for a long run.

As for me, I usually keep the on charging stations that are unplugged and try to use them once in a while and then charge, as for cleaning my go to is wet wipes, which is probably not the best solution.

20201130_173620.jpg?width=450&height=278

• 2 weeks later...

For cleaning, I just use standard antibacterial wipes like Dettol 99.9% antibac wipes to sanitize them. For charging, I only have two controllers and charge them by plugging them into my PS4 when it's on standby. I just leave it plugged in when not playing, I'm not aware that it affects battery life in the same way as it does phones and laptops if you always leave them plugged in.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

For cleaning, I just use standard antibacterial wipes like Dettol 99.9% antibac wipes to sanitize them. For charging, I only have two controllers and charge them by plugging them into my PS4 when it's on standby. I just leave it plugged in when not playing, I'm not aware that it affects battery life in the same way as it does phones and laptops if you always leave them plugged in.  

Well, I guess I wasn't far off with the wipes. As for plugging them in, I actually killed the batteries of both my DS3 after not charging them for a year (didn't game for a while), but maybe it was just age of the battery..

Thanks for the answer!

• Like 1