Test your Mettle - Can it be done without DLC?

RNMKR-KO

I've been waiting for the Ultimate Edition to go on sale but it seems like that isn't happening before the competitive servers shut down.

So, does anyone know if you can play on those servers without owning the DLC that came with the 'Test your Mettle' trophy? 

I've read that you can but you won't have access to DLC guns and other DLC modes.

23 minutes ago, MATTKBAN said:

Are the servers closing?? I didn’t see mention.. maybe I’ll look again ;p

The Competitive servers are closing on Dec 31st, 2020, thus potentially locking people out of the "Test your Mettle" DLC trophy. If what Greenkaos1226 says is correct, then everything will be ok but we need more confirmations on if the trophy will actually become unobtainable.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

The Competitive servers are closing on Dec 31st, 2020, thus potentially locking people out of the "Test your Mettle" DLC trophy. If what Greenkaos1226 says is correct, then everything will be ok but we need more confirmations on if the trophy will actually become unobtainable.

Anyone with the base/vanilla game can access the competitive matches. The option appears under multiplayer regardless of dlc installed. I have the trophy in both versions of the game.

The trophy will still become unobtainable potentially if the current ‘season’ or competitive match doesn’t renew (HIGHLY likely it won’t renew). But I specified you don’t need the DLC because that’s what the OP specifically was wondering. In fact you can earn many DLC trophies from the game without owning the DLC so long as you have a friend with the DLC weapons who can assist you. 

Edited by greenkaos1226
  • Like 1