Beat an expert player

tyamant

10 hours ago, tyamant said:

I'm disappointed because I can't complete this challenge.

I'm at level 30 in career mode, but it seems impossible to beat any player in that kind of difficulty.

Has anyone any advice that could help???

Thanks in advance.

Myself and ahmedimran1 discussed this on another thread here but just in case you or others missed it:

It seems our journey has mirrored one another and i am sure others will read this and relate. I was level 19 when i thought i would take on that monstrosity of a challenge. BIG MISTAKE and after 12 consecutive hours of suffering it meant my PS5 controller developed a VERY close/intimate relationship with the wall....to which it never returned! Challenge #5 (Tennis School or via 'Training' in Career) is at least possible once you have reached Level 30 & even then it is obscenely difficult. I tried every combination of point allocation (across my skills) until FINALLY it seems all 30 points on 'Attack' actually works the best to DEFEND (great job Breakpoint Studio?!) I would advise using this once you have acquired all of your points.

#1 TIP FOR DEFEATING CHALLENGE #5 = Restart the challenge until you play a FEMALE pro'! I cannot stress this enough. It is possible to defeat David Goffin, Denis Shapovalov and/or Fabio Fognini but INFINITELY more difficult than taking on any of the female pro's (for obvious reasons.) Male vs. female is by no means a cake walk (don't even bother attempting Sam Stosur) yet it offers about 5-10% better odds. I was taking a few points from numerous female players before folding under the pressure and then FINALLY managed to get the 5 consecutive points against Cori 'Coco' Gauff. I strongly advise restarting it until you face her because she's the only one with less than superhuman power on Expert. Even when defeating her you will be graded something derisory akin to a C or B- but you only need to finish all the challenges in the Tennis School for the 'School is out' trophy to pop (ignore the 100% requirement. I had 4 C grades and 75%.)

#2 TIP FOR DEFEATING CHALLENGE #5 = Try your best to develop a perfect drop shot (lots of practice) to draw the CPU into the net at an angle, then top spin shot the ball past them into the opposite corner. I realize they may still get a racquet on the ball but it will then be a simple put away with the next shot. Keep the points SHORT. Do not be dragged into a regular rally because this is NOT a regular opponent and the longer it goes, the more fatigued your player becomes. It is all easier said than done and no magic formula exists BUT with these few tips it WILL ensure you have a fighting chance at/of overcoming the CPU on Expert.

Hope this is somewhat helpful and best of luck tyamant and others. ??

I won the challenge with Nadal.

However.. in career mode I've followed your advice and give 30 points to attack, but as the challenge can't be repeated without exiting the training, it's very boring and extremely difficult.

Any tip for this stage? 

Besides.... Women characters barely appear.

On 24/12/2020 at 1:47 PM, tyamant said:

I won the challenge with Nadal.

However.. in career mode I've followed your advice and give 30 points to attack, but as the challenge can't be repeated without exiting the training, it's very boring and extremely difficult.

Any tip for this stage? 

Besides.... Women characters barely appear.

I won the challenge with Nadal too and couldn't beat it in Career (akin to yourself) to progress to the remaining challenges. That is until i found the solution! The SECOND you have lost the point go back to the dashboard and close the game. Reboot the game and load your Career save. It then takes you straight back into the challenge.

I obtained the :platinum: on PS5 so i do not know if the aforementioned method works on PS4, yet it makes things MUCH easier because one can keep closing/restarting until the necessary female player spawns for you. Make sure you close the game as (or before) that losing point ends though. If the loading screen (back to Career) kicks in it will count the challenge as a 'fail'.

It is nigh on torture regardless of the method you use. I am not the most skilful player and managed to consistently take Cori 'Coco' Gauff to deuce so you will definitely get there with practice and a LOT of patience. Once you overcome this singular challenge the rest is plain sailing (albeit a grind.)

12 hours ago, tyamant said:

Ive deleted the game. 

Bought physical copy.

But... When I open my career... An error ocurrs.

I guess digital copy save data is not compatible with physical data ones.

So... I have to restart the career again...

Unless you have any other solution

Did you upload your digital save data to the cloud BEFORE installing/starting the physical edition of the game? If you didn't the two conflicting save data's would cause the error.

Looking at your trophy list for the game, you only have 3 career related trophies to unlock so i would concentrate on charity events to begin with to get back to level 30 the quickest and then switch over to concentrating on your coins (for the 'This is mine?' Purchase all equipment trophy) which i/we have discussed at length on another thread found here.

Hopefully you will have your previous (digital related) save data backed up to the cloud. If so, go into your settings and download it from there to overwrite your physical copy save. If not, follow the previous advice and try to embrace the grind in your own time.

I definitely passed the challenge 5, thanks for your advice.

However, I'm experiencing troubles when beating the last challenge 10.

First I tried it with the updated patch installed (v. 1.05), but the exigency was overwhelming and I had to desist after uncountable attempts.

Then, I tried the second option, uninstalled the patch and run the original game. However, it's happening that, although the level has decreased infinitely, when I reach the second set, the game crashes and stops counting my points scored.

I've tried many times... And sometimes crashes and sometimes just doesn't count any point... 

Any suggestions to overcome this issue?? 

I'm really fed up of the game and I only need to finish this !!!

Thanks

33 minutes ago, tyamant said:

I definitely passed the challenge 5, thanks for your advice.

However, I'm experiencing troubles when beating the last challenge 10.

First I tried it with the updated patch installed (v. 1.05), but the exigency was overwhelming and I had to desist after uncountable attempts.

Then, I tried the second option, uninstalled the patch and run the original game. However, it's happening that, although the level has decreased infinitely, when I reach the second set, the game crashes and stops counting my points scored.

I've tried many times... And sometimes crashes and sometimes just doesn't count any point... 

Any suggestions to overcome this issue?? 

I'm really fed up of the game and I only need to finish this !!!

Thanks

Glad any/all advice was helpful & great news that you completed challenge #5.  ?

Challenge #10 (Tennis School) was glitched before being fixed with the 1.05 patch. If you are trying to do it without the patch you are discovering why it is a bad idea. Sometimes it can crash during multiple games, other times it can not register points, other times it can register points but not end the set/match etc. A few players managed to snake charm the challenge (original patch) by quitting out once the necessary games had been achieved but this is complicating matters far more than is necessary

This is the most straightforward advice possible. Complete the challenge using the up to date 1.05 patch! Slightly more difficult with said patch but NOTHING compared to challenge #5! The worst is officially in your rearview and you'll finish this once you find your groove. Good luck (again!)

I tried many times the challenge 10 with patched version against Coco gauff.

But it was impossible for me achieving the second set, due to many coordination errors.

I'm not sure if trying the option of quitting out. But I would need further information to do this.

What does it consist on?

59 minutes ago, tyamant said:

I tried many times the challenge 10 with patched version against Coco gauff.

But it was impossible for me achieving the second set, due to many coordination errors.

I'm not sure if trying the option of quitting out. But I would need further information to do this.

What does it consist on?

You can definitely do it with practice. I was fortunate and came across Cori 'Coco' Gauff on the second attempt at challenge #10 and absolutely ragdolled her around because it is NOT the maximum difficulty. Their power is similar but their movement is a notch worse so you have to slice the serve back low/angled everytime and then go for the drop shot straight away next shot (if possible.) As soon as they return the drop shot make sure you top spin it into the opposite corner. It will be a clean winner OR set up as such on the following shot (if performed correctly.)

I reiterate that i had all my 30 points on 'Attack' which perversely aids 'Defense' stats just as much. No secret formula other than ensuring you retry the challenge until you encounter a female CPU player and keep the points short with the drop shot and then passing shot.

As for quitting out using the original (albeit glitched) patch? Players reported quitting out whilst AHEAD in the second game. Sometimes the trophy popped, other times not. Yet i have no experience with this because i achieved the :platinum: on PS5 using the 1.05 patch. For guaranteed results, i suggest to you & others to only use the latest patch.

Hey ,

I've just got the school is out trophy!!!

But I didn't even passed the last challenge. I only did the rest of the training games that I hadn't started yet and it popped in the middle of my last advanced training.

I am surprised and pleases at the same time.

Now I can enjoy the game to get the rest of the trophies.

Thanks for all your help and answer me.

Curious game!!!

Note that I achieved the trophy with version 1.00 (without updates).

The only problem now to get this is for me trophy is that I have lost my first career data, where I had most of the equipment already bought...

But anyway... There's no other option.

• Like 2