garry the prophet bugged?

Groovy_Banana

Just go away and come back (you’ve got a fast travel point almost next to him). Do it a few times, like for 4 or 5 different dialogs, then you’ll unlock a side mission,

Spoiler

where something that you don’t expect might happen ?.

Edit: Ninja’d by @Mirrors1118:)

Edited by KennethMcCormick
Ninja edit

1 minute ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Just go away and come back (you’ve got a fast travel point almost next to him). Do it a few times, like for 4 or 5 different dialogs, then you’ll unlock a side mission,

Hide contents

where something that you don’t expect might happen 1f602.png.

Edit: Ninja’d by @Mirrors1118:)

but there no quest marker on him  and he keep saying same ting like i saw u before u have dontion

3 minutes ago, Mirrors1118 said:

You need to talk to him five times before triggering a side quest but for all gigs trophy in Watson side quest is not needed. 

u sure it not needed as  when it was marked as undiscovered it was under gigs in journal

It’s a side mission, not a gig, and you have to travel away for him to show on your map as a marker.

If it doesn’t, maybe you have to go further in the story or get better rep or something. I did it end game, so had unlocked everything and can’t say if there are other requirements. I don’t think this one’s bugged, but then again, with this game, who knows...

• Like 1

Just now, KennethMcCormick said:

It’s a side mission, not a gig, and you have to travel away for him to show on your map as a marker.

If it doesn’t, maybe you have to go further in the story or get better rep or something. I did it end game, so had unlocked everything and can’t say if there are other requirements. I don’t think this one’s bugged, but then again, with this game, who knows...

im stil in act one  atacking mealstrom maybie dats why ? is it normal the marken on him didepeares after the first dialog i had with him ?

On 12/24/2020 at 10:45 AM, Groovy_Banana said:

im stil in act one  atacking mealstrom maybie dats why ? is it normal the marken on him didepeares after the first dialog i had with him ?

I managed to get a second conversation with him after visiting the cybernetic dude, granted, I had to wait to reply to him as I had a convo with someone else on the earpiece, luckily he did repeat himself to give me the chance to reply back to him.

I'll probably check him again later on to see what else he has to say... even if I'm not really listening to his stuff xD

On 12/25/2020 at 8:42 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

I managed to get a second conversation with him after visiting the cybernetic dude, granted, I had to wait to reply to him as I had a convo with someone else on the earpiece, luckily he did repeat himself to give me the chance to reply back to him.

I'll probably check him again later on to see what else he has to say... even if I'm not really listening to his stuff xD

ye i dit the next main mission and sec conversation showed 

• 2 years later...

Just came back to this game for the DLC and noticed an icon on the map showing a side quest was nearby.

After some research I noticed it was supposed to be Garry the Prophet. I remember giving him money a bunch of times during my original playthrough.

The marker is still showing up but when I go there he isn't there at all. He simply disappeared so I cant do the side quest. I've tried moving time forward by a hour for a full day and he still hasn't showed up. Any fix? Ironically I find it annoying I can't make the marker dissappear like Garry has seemed to.

Edited by Ariost