Second Controller no longer working on PS Remote Play

Vitallani

I've been using PS Remote Play on my Mac  with two controllers over bluetooth for a number of months and have had no problems doing this up until today. I tried to play Rocket League with two controllers but the second controller would not respond. According to Bluetooth, both controllers show as being connected and DualShocks show a different coloured light bar, but when I hit the home button to add a guest, the second controller is unresponsive. 

At first I thought it was simply Rocket League that didn't allow this feature, but I then tried again on a different game which I've successfully used two controllers for before, and still it wouldn't work. I even tried from my home screen to try and log in with a guest, but nothing.

The last time I used PS Remote Play with two DS4s was a few weeks ago, and I was wondering if anything had changed since then that would stop it from working. I thought it could be the update for PS5, but that was a little while ago so I don't see why it would suddenly start acting up now. Has anyone else experienced this problem, or know what the issue might be. 

Thanks

So you used one DS4 connected to Remote Play and the other to your PS4? Doesn't having to be in the same room as your console defeat the purpose of being able to play remotely?

What I dot get is that I was able to use two controllers paired to remote play without any issue until today, in a completely different room to my console. And I thought that the PS5 update was meant to make it so as many as 4 controllers could be used .

Just now, Vitallani said:

So you used one DS4 connected to Remote Play and the other to your PS4? Doesn't having to be in the same room as your console defeat the purpose of being able to play remotely?

What I dot get is that I was able to use two controllers paired to remote play without any issue until today, in a completely different room to my console. And I thought that the PS5 update was meant to make it so as many as 4 controllers could be used .

I'm not in the same room as my console when I'm using Remote Play, I'm just close enough through the floor or walls to still connect.

I don't know how you were able to do that before, I thought when I had looked it up previously, everything I had read said that only one controller could be used in Remote Play at a time.

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

Try a real computer.

I know that's a joke, but it's funny that the Mac Remote Play client allowed wireless controller use before the PC client. I also use the client on a couple of my Macs and my Windows machines and it runs so much more reliably in OS X.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I'm not in the same room as my console when I'm using Remote Play, I'm just close enough through the floor or walls to still connect.

I don't know how you were able to do that before, I thought when I had looked it up previously, everything I had read said that only one controller could be used in Remote Play at a time.

I know that's a joke, but it's funny that the Mac Remote Play client allowed wireless controller use before the PC client. I also use the client on a couple of my Macs and my Windows machines and it runs so much more reliably in OS X.

That's so weird, I have no idea why it was able to wrk before then. Even weirder that the  new update was meant to increase the number of controllers you could use.

I shall have a go at what you suggested though. I'll see if I can get the second controller to work with my ps4 from a different room at the same time as using the first with remote play. Thanks for the suggestion.

Just now, Vitallani said:

That's so weird, I have no idea why it was able to wrk before then. Even weirder that the  new update was meant to increase the number of controllers you could use.

I shall have a go at what you suggested though. I'll see if I can get the second controller to work with my ps4 from a different room at the same time as using the first with remote play. Thanks for the suggestion.

Are you also able to try physically connecting controllers with USB cables to see if it might just be a Bluetooth issue?