Free upgrade from PS4?

cris3f

5 minutes ago, cris3f said:

Is this a free upgrade from the PS4? Only 10tons title I couldn't get the PS5 upgrade.

I don't know about this one, but I could not get a free upgrade for Neon Chrome.

All the others from 10tons gave me a free upgrade.

On 1/20/2021 at 3:07 PM, Klart said:

I don't know about this one, but I could not get a free upgrade for Neon Chrome.

All the others from 10tons gave me a free upgrade.

My Neon Chrome, like King Oddball is in PSPlus, don't have it now so can't test that one.

On 1/20/2021 at 3:10 PM, snakebit10 said:

I have the PS4 version and it tells me I have to buy the PS5 version. It's the same way for King Oddball. I have to buy the PS5 version. 

I was reading further, and it seems they made a "Game of the Year" bundle with the "For Science" DLC, which is the only one available for PS5, so probably if like me you bought just the PS4 game it won't trigger the upgrade. I was pissed as hell with the luck involved and since the DLC did not have trophies I skipped it. I don't know if buying the "For Science" DLC will trigger that you have the GOTY version. Sometimes on the PSN store, buying separate parts will make the bundle available as purchased too, sometimes it won't. I don't have a PS5, so I'll skip this for now.

EDIT

It's not possible to upgrade from the original PS4 version, wrote a thread about that on the PS4 version.

Edited by cris3f

1 hour ago, cris3f said:

My Neon Chrome, like King Oddball is in PSPlus, don't have it now so can't test that one.

I was reading further, and it seems they made a "Game of the Year" bundle with the "For Science" DLC, which is the only one available for PS5, so probably if like me you bought just the PS4 game it won't trigger the upgrade. I was pissed as hell with the luck involved and since the DLC did not have trophies I skipped it. I don't know if buying the "For Science" DLC will trigger that you have the GOTY version. Sometimes on the PSN store, buying separate parts will make the bundle available as purchased too, sometimes it won't. I don't have a PS5, so I'l skip this for now.

That could explain it. I bought it sometime last year I think before I even knew there was going to be a PS5 version for it. I doubt I will even fool with getting the PS5 version. I will just play the PS4 version in Backwards compatibility mode and be done with it.

11 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

That could explain it. I bought it sometime last year I think before I even knew there was going to be a PS5 version for it. I doubt I will even fool with getting the PS5 version. I will just play the PS4 version in Backwards compatibility mode and be done with it.

I wrote a short tips guide if you're going to play the game, it's on the PS4 forum. Hope it helps.