Turrican Flashback has savestates which disable trophies

You

I just started playing, man I love Turrican 1 and 2, I immediately had to change the controls though, triangle as shuriken and circle to use your rotatey guns.

On Turrican 1 I could not even got off the very first stage, lost all my lives. But then it hit me, muscle memory from the Amiga was still in me.

Thanks to the game including a classic jump feature, and yeah can you believe it, I am very happy pressing up to jump... on a dpad....

I was then able to cruise the first 3 levels on Turrican 1 without even dying, I had forgot on the third stage there are about 10 extra lives JUST in that level.

Honestly to go for trophies on this game now.

Time will tell, but man, I am so surprised I am happy pushing up on a dpad to do all my jumping, I can't seem to get on with button to jump, even though I've spent the past 25 years doing just that.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kALWa888 said:

@Jimmy947 In Turrican 1, when you start third level, go right till the end, and then up on these little platforms, that form a "pile" of sort - near catapults shooting at you from the right. Keep going up till you see a long platform on the left. Then just go left till the end - there is secret boss, pretty easy too (use beam on him - it's called flash in the control menu).
Anyway, here's video (not mine) for visual reference. I left a timestamp for you.

As for the Turrican II.
You have to beat first level. Then, after collapsing floor, you will come to the waterfall, Keep going right until you will find area with many balls. The ones that interests you the most in this moment are the ones far to the right - you can stand on top of them. When you will shoot trough all of them, you're gonna start falling down. Keep to the left side of the screen, and then go left where is another boss. If you have problems with understanding me, here's video with timestamp. It's kinda hard to desribe it with words ;)  Pretty useful video tho,

As for Mega Turrican I have no clue where secret level is.

Thanks a lot for this, it is very helpful. I’m not sure if I’d be able to make it to the third level in Turrican 1 without cheats but I will certainly try for the boss in Turrican 2.

Anyone who doesn’t like a low % game on their trophy list may want to try playing the game in standard mode first before they take on the trophy challenge!

I might try for the 50 1ups tonight in T1 though and see if it pops from multiple playthroughs. I’m guessing it won’t but it’s worth a try.

• Like 2

In case anyone else was wondering how to access the hidden stage in Mega Turrican (and obtain the trophy), I found this info online:

“To make this trick work, collect all of the Diamonds in Stage One. Make sure your Score has double zeros in it (6800, 2001, etc.) Once you reach the bottom get to the elevator that travels down. Don't shoot any enemies or your score will change and the trick won't work. When you reach the bottom of the elevator, run to the right and you will have access to a hidden stage!”

• Like 2

I wish there was a way to enable up to jump in the SNES and Megadrive versions.

I also wish the loading screen on Turrican 1 and 2 waited until you pressed a button before you could start the game. Having the loader tunes immediately cut out after about 0.5 seconds feels a bit odd. Yeah I know, these are really trivial things. But hey, I wish they were there :)

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

You guys are really showing your age here...

Never played this, but may pick it up in the future. Looks like fun and a bit of a challenge.

Game holds up very well even today, and the games are challenging, but not impossible. The sound and music though are excellent and it's a joy to play, so dying and relearning how to play is not a chore. Since you have mad skills for doing most of the Capcom Arcade collection on PS3, you will likely find these pretty easy.

For 1990, these Amiga soundtracks are a work of art, apparently even Yuzo Koshiro before he made Street Of Rage OST he heard Turrican and was blown away.

I suggest you play Turrican II before Turrican as the difficulty is a bit fairer and once you've got to grips with Turrican II you'll find the first a lot easier to handle.

Edited by enaysoft

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Game holds up very well even today, and the games are challenging, but not impossible. The sound and music though are excellent and it's a joy to play, so dying and relearning how to play is not a chore. Since you have mad skills for doing most of the Capcom Arcade collection on PS3, you will likely find these pretty easy.

For 1990, these Amiga soundtracks are a work of art, apparently even Yuzo Koshiro before he made Street Of Rage OST he heard Turrican and was blown away.

I suggest you play Turrican II before Turrican as the difficulty is a bit fairer and once you've got to grips with Turrican II you'll find the first a lot easier to handle.

I still plan to 100 percent Capcom Arcade Cabinet. Just need to practice a bit for Commando and Son Son.

The Streets of Rage 2 OST on the Sega Genesis/Megadrive is hands down the best music on that system, and the game is perhaps my #1 favorite on it.

• Like 2