New WoW expansion and Pandas

d3m0nd00d

The up and coming WoW expansion was just announced at Blizzcon and the new race is Pandaren (A race of pandas taken right out of Kung-Fu Panda) The new class is none other than - Monk. Perfect for Kung-Fu pandas. :)

They are also having a pet battle system somewhat similar to Pokemon. I am super excited about the changes coming and I don't know why.

Here is a link to battle.net so you can check out all of the changes with the new expansion. I am also posting the trailer after the link - just in case you didn't believe me. :P

World of Warcraft Preview Panel: Mists of Pandaria - BlizzCon

Here is the trailer. Enjoy!!!

I dunno, if this is real (I'm assuming it is) it feels like Blizzard is grasping at straws a little bit. Didn't Cataclysm just come out not too long ago?

Nope the Pandaren race is actually part of the Azeroth lore. (They are in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne) They usually have an expansion every year - last one was December last year. (Cataclysm)

They usually have an expansion every year - last one was December last year. (Cataclysm)

Cataclysm came out two years after Wrath of the Lich King, and there was almost two years between Lich King and Burning Crusade. This is actually a bit of an anomaly unless I'm reading something wrong.

Cataclysm came out two years after Wrath of the Lich King, and there was almost two years between Lich King and Burning Crusade. This is actually a bit of an anomaly unless I'm reading something wrong.

Just noticed that also - they have been between 1-1/2 to 2 years apart. The only thing I can say is they are trying to keep the game alive as long as they can. It is on a downhill slide I'm afraid. The pandas might be a way to bring new people into the game. We'll see!