Trophy thoughts

Michciu

I'm thinking of putting together a guide on this. I think the difficulty would be trivialised with a comprehensive guide. Seems like some trophies will require replaying certain acts to accrue the number of riots and agents. Possibly one or more partial playthroughs for clean up.

1 hour ago, visighost said:

Looks fun! gamepressure seem to have a fairly comprehensive guide. It's unclear whether it is streamlined for trophies, though. I got the game a while ago myself but haven't played.

The link above is good, but it does have some holes and seems to have the cases slightly out of sequence. I don't know if my experience is different due to a seemingly key decision early on.

2 hours ago, Michciu said:

That would be great. Thanks for the information, good to hear that platinum is doable

Seems strange no-one has bagged it yet, there is a couple of trophies with vague descriptions so perhaps there's a blocker in there somewhere.

Played this for a while and really didn't enjoy myself. Decided to shelve it until I can confirm that this is even possible. I'm disappointed: I had really high expectations, but it really fell flat by the time Act 3 rolled around.

@Wiltoid7 if you're still putting a guide together I have a few resources that can help. They're also on the NA thread but I'll put them here too.

ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE: https://gameplay.tips/guides/7649-we-the-revolution.html   Just a warning, I wouldn't call this fantastic. This is for the PC version, and they themselves say that they didn't get all of the achievements for it. I used it as a rough guide just for what to do, since a lot of the descriptions are vague to say the least.

ROUGH GUIDE: https://guides.gamepressure.com/we-the-revolution/guide.asp?ID=49336    I wouldn't use this one for cases, since they're random, and it doesn't describe them very well anyway. It does have some rough descriptions of the various events that pop up though, and has some decent tips and tricks for doing it all legit. It's worth posting.

FULL CASE QUESTION AND REPORT GUIDE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdYAWUt    This is INVALUABLE. It has all of the ways to ask every single question in the game, and how to fill out every single report. It even has everything in the description in alphabetical order. Couldn't ask for anything better.

PERSUASION GUIDE: https://www.guideoui.com/we-the-revolution-persuasion-combinations-guide/   This teaches you how to all the persuasion in the game. It's not hard to do, but having a reference makes it truly simple.

• Like 1

@SpaceCoresDad I have had the same experience. I spent several hours trying to win the dice game, I managed to win the first round several times but the second round was rigged to lose. I ended up reading through the Steam forums and saw the admissions made by the Devs.  I have contacted Polyslash to try and get some clarification on this and have yet to receive a response. I suspect console versions are unpatched.

It's a shame as during my playthrough I had discovered some big holes in the gamepressure guide and was looking forward to writing an improved walkthrough. This is on ice for the time being.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have since received confirmation from Klabater that they are aware of the bugged trophies and a fix is planned. If the platinum becomes doable I will type up the guide I had started, until then I don't really feel like I have any motivation.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12.2.2021 at 1:12 AM, Wiltoid7 said:

@SpaceCoresDad I have had the same experience. I spent several hours trying to win the dice game, I managed to win the first round several times but the second round was rigged to lose. I ended up reading through the Steam forums and saw the admissions made by the Devs.  I have contacted Polyslash to try and get some clarification on this and have yet to receive a response. I suspect console versions are unpatched.

It's a shame as during my playthrough I had discovered some big holes in the gamepressure guide and was looking forward to writing an improved walkthrough. This is on ice for the time being.

On 3.3.2021 at 6:26 PM, Wiltoid7 said:

I have since received confirmation from Klabater that they are aware of the bugged trophies and a fix is planned. If the platinum becomes doable I will type up the guide I had started, until then I don't really feel like I have any motivation.

@Wiltoid7 Thank you very much for sharing this with us all.

I hope the patch for the console versions will come sooner instead of later. ;-)

(PC version got patched quiet a while ago, I guess you knew that too).

You do not have some statement from the devs if the fix truly comes or when it comes ?

("a fix is planned" : The Wolf Among Us 2 was also planned and yet we never get it until now.)

Thank you for this posts anyway. :-)

P.S. If I sound unfriendly: I am not a native english speaker, so I apologize in advance.

• Like 1

@Forester284 Don't worry, you didn't come across unfriendly! Pasted below is the reply I got from Blazej the Klabater Community Manager, it's pretty vague.

"We received some inquiries about such issues. 
We will involve some special dev help, to maintain the issue with trophies. I can't say when all of that would be fixed, however, since we got similar feedback lately, it is one of our goals to repair the issue soon. We did not leave the game ;)"

• 3 months later...

Latest patch has fixed some achievements but appears to broken other aspects of the game. Dice game and wife acquittal are obtainable now.

Persuasions appear to be broken for me though, so above trophies are only truly obtainable if you have a save file with the events ready to go.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just wondering if anyone has heard from the dev in regards to the "Friendship" and "Peace and Love" trophies? It appears the ability for the bruiser to quell riots is broken making these two trophies unobtainable (likely factual due to neither the European or North American versions of the game have a single achiever between them).

I recently reported the bug to the dev, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Figured I would ask here, just in case anyone happens to see this. There's certainly not much out there in terms of online support from other players when it comes to this incredibly niche game.

• Like 1

@cuteboyinsuburb I only ended up getting responses from Klabater, and the info I got was correct as a patch did release eventually. Polyslash never responded to me at all though.

The game definitely seems in better shape than last time I played it. Did you manage to quell a single riot? Or it's just completely broken?

Really frustrating as I think (from what I remember when searching before) all the achievements work on Steam.

@Wiltoid7 They're completely broken. You're supposed to use the bruiser to quell riots on the city map, but anytime I place the bruiser on a riot the option to quell isn't available. You simply can't do it. It's frustrating. I had a ton of momentum going and felt like the plat was within reach, only to have it all disappear once I realized what was going on.

For what it's worth, every other trophy has been totally fixed. It's just these last two that are impossible to achieve in the game's current state on Playstation.

@Wiltoid7 thanks bud, I appreciate it. More users reporting it is probably the only real shot there is.

I’ve spent the last couple days looking for various workarounds with varying degrees of success. I managed to downgrade to version 1.00 and quell a few riots and almost made it to Act 3 before the game crashed on me. Now I can’t get past Act 1 Day 9 on 1.00 no matter what I do. 

I’ve moved on to attempting to upgrade to version 1.03 or 1.04 where that crashing problem had been fixed to check if those versions still allow you to quell riots. So far though, I haven’t had any success getting either of those patches to download. 

I haven’t given up yet, but much like the narrative of the game in question, the outlook is bleak. 

• 5 months later...