Is this game really difficult or do I just suck?

m-a-t-t-_-7

I'm not a great racer, I admit, but I find this game extraordinarily difficult. The AI doesn't suffer from damage, once it overtakes you the distance between you grows rapidly and it seems to go through curves without any trouble; in other words, the game's unbalanced and unfair. And changing the difficulty from normal to easy doesn't seem to affect much at all. I'm only in event 4 (some Canadian forest I think) and I'm massively struggling to win.

Any tips?

On 11/02/2021 at 4:37 PM, M-A-T-T--89 said:

I'm not a great racer, I admit, but I find this game extraordinarily difficult. The AI doesn't suffer from damage, once it overtakes you the distance between you grows rapidly and it seems to go through curves without any trouble; in other words, the game's unbalanced and unfair. And changing the difficulty from normal to easy doesn't seem to affect much at all. I'm only in event 4 (some Canadian forest I think) and I'm massively struggling to win.

Any tips?

I really feel the same about this game: I'm not a pro player but AI destroy me ! Unfair and unbalanced, really frustrating. How do you get platinium ?

Honestly, the beginning was the hardest part. That Canadian forest race (I think it was event 4) beat my ass over and over. But after that event (I finished third to progress and came back later to win first place) I had no problems whatsoever to win.

3 things changed it for me: 1) I changed to easy difficulty, which reduces the damage you take from hits 2) I looked more carefully into "customising" cars and changed a few settings (if they were unlocked) 3) I came to grips with the game mechanics and was able to drift more efficiently (e.g. pressing the X button more than just once to readjust the drift)

Once you're through the first few races in the game and get a handle on the game mechanics, you'll be fine with all the races (except Tokyo Skyscraper time attack race, that one is a bitch).

Good luck!

• Like 2

Thanks for your GOOD advice, I amlost gave up and finaly I win this championship, all online trophy done alone, it remains me time attack races and it will be done

The game is vicious anyway:

-When AI are first,  it seems that sometimes magic made it irreperable !

-I would burn the China airport race

- And the worst is.... AI which literaly rushes at you to damage you and make you loose precious seconds, I'm pretty sure they're programmmed for this purpose. In 3 turns race, I lost up to 70% of the health of my car to overtake the first.....

An advice to all who want to cry in front of this game: YOU CAN DO IT !

Edited by OjamaX
  • Like 2

Your car probably sucks ass. It's been a while since I've platinumed it, but try getting new cars and changing their parts for the most efficient stats. Drifting is really weird too but you gradually get the hang of it and should be drifting as much as possible.

Also, dying is fine as long as you have enough distance on the last opponent so that you don't fall behind. And even if you don't... meh.

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 3

I agree with all of you. It took a couple of attempts to beat the first 4-5 races which says be place 5th or 3rd. But after those i unlocked better parts for my cars and became more familiar with the drifts and won all campaign races with 1-2 tries. Didn't feel good at first. Time trials were easy except Tokyo Skyskrapper.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...