Game seems to mess up my PS4!

Mokujin

Yeah, so just bought this game, 99p I think.  Loaded it up, started to show the dev name or whatever and got an error I’ve never seen. “(Insert Name) will be logged out now - NP-32091-5”

And then as you can guess, it logs me out. Never happened before with any game in my 6 years + on PS4. It also won’t sync the game on my trophies list, but it tries to, and so it gets stuck on a certain % while loading. Any tips?

This glitch can happen with any game but the only fix is to delete your profile from the PS4, then recreate it. Doing this, will erase the database corruption that is causing the problems but you will lose all your saves, screenshots, custom folders etc. in the process so backup everything before doing this. Once your profile had been re-created, you can copy all your saves back and recreate your folders. You won't lose any of your installed games though :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

the only fix is to delete your profile off the PS4, then recreate it.

Can confirm.

Any time I started a new game (usually digital), this error would appear and log me out. In some rare instances, the update/patch files for disc based games would somehow delete itself in the confusion and I'd have to re-download large updates (sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row due to the error logging me out each time).

Apparently, it's caused by a corrupt user profile, and the only known fix is to delete your account and re-create it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Apparently, it's caused by a corrupt user profile, and the only known fix is to delete your account and re-create it.

I actually ended up trying one random thing, deleting all the 0% trophy lists. Had a few games I’ve got installed but yet to play, and I saw one person on a random thread deep in another thread on a random website say about it. Something to do with syncing, idk. Anyway, lo and behold I loaded up Perils of Baking and it was fine. Unsure if it was a 1 off, a coincidence, or it’s gonna do it again but since Christmas 2014 this is the first time I’d even HEARD of this error let alone experienced it

2 hours ago, Keidah said:

Unsure if it was a 1 off, a coincidence

It'll skip a few games here and there and give you a false sense of security. If you play enough games, it will inevitably continue with the error.

Typically, I'd get this error the first time I launched a game, but afterwards it'd work as expected...until starting the next new game.

Hopefully your solution works, but in case it doesn't, follow what @HuntingFever said. It was the only thing that worked for me.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1