(SOLVED) Space Y Intern trophy bugged, 100% unobtainable

Studfox

Started the trophy thoughts topic on this game almost a year ago and after checking back on this game and seeing that no one had gotten the 100% despite all trophies being obtained, I decided to buy it on a sale and try my luck. (Mistake #1)

There is one trophy that I’ve found through playing the game and seeing the other trophy lists that is bugged and won’t pop even when criteria is met: Space Y Intern (travel to 25 different planets.) I have counted 30 planets that I have been to multiple times and interfacing with different ways (landing through different options, walking around on each, Etc.) and still no trophy.

My working theory is that patch 1.01 broke that trophy and the one person who go it unlocked it before that patch went live.

On an unrelated note I found this game’s 15-20 second loading screens after EVERY 3rd action/dialogue/mission complete screen annoying, so an unpolished unobtainable 100% at that!

Buy at your own risk.

Edited by Studfox
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, a patch probably broke this trophy, because one person got it last year. After i beat the game, i was visiting every planet, on every system, and discovering every node in them, and i got nothing. It's a pretty fun little game, too bad it got a bugged trophy, and i dont think they will fix it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, tranquility101 said:

Sad to read this. Is it still bugged? Been really enjoying KoP&P2, so was excited to try another game from the same Publisher (this one).

Yeah I haven’t seen any patches come through for this since I played it earlier this year. I reached out to the developer as well to see if they could address/fix but haven’t gotten a reply so safe to assume it is still bugged and may remain that way sadly.

Will circle back if anyone from behold reaches back out with an update though!

• Like 1

Might be worth trying to download the 1.0 version using one of the methods that have worked for other games. It's been a while since I did this (for Rack n Ruin), but it worked well at the time.

EDIT: I've signed up for a price alert for this game. If it goes on sale I may pick it up just to try this if no one else reports back. Not going to pay full price for a potentially broken game though, just on principle.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Picked the game up on sale and successfully downloaded at v1.00.

Depending on how long it takes to get to the point where 25 planets can be visited, I will report back with findings in the next couple of days or so. Hopefully no later than next weekend at the outside.

10-Oct Update: Nope. Anyone who has the trophy has either cheated it or (what I think is more likely) the trigger requires some weirdly specific conditions, most likely unintentionally. Accidentally played it on my main account, too. Oh well...

11-Oct Update: To top it off, there is what appears be a game breaking bug near the end of the game in v1.00 where you end up trapped in a system unable to select the gate to leave. Assuming this is consistent, I doubt anyone completed the game on the unpatched version.

13-Oct Update: Close to beating the game, only missing that trophy and Space Y Intern. Despite this, I am almost sure that Space Y Intern is, in fact, achievable. Unfortunately it'll take me another complete run to test my theory. More to come.

15-Oct Update: Boom, 100%. @Studfox@Neptuos I'll provide more detail later, but the long & short of it is that both Space Y Intern and the 50 side quests trophy are glitched such that they MUST be done in 1 session. Looks like suspending the game is ok (at least on PS5), but don't close it. No need to play v1.00, but I think you do have to do it from a fresh game, i.e. you can't just revisit 25 planets you've already been to in that save.

https://youtu.be/60yzIyCbi4s

TL;DR: 100% is totally possible on the latest patch.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2021 at 10:16 PM, RNumbers said:

Picked the game up on sale and successfully downloaded at v1.00.

Depending on how long it takes to get to the point where 25 planets can be visited, I will report back with findings in the next couple of days or so. Hopefully no later than next weekend at the outside.

10-Oct Update: Nope. Anyone who has the trophy has either cheated it or (what I think is more likely) the trigger requires some weirdly specific conditions, most likely unintentionally. Accidentally played it on my main account, too. Oh well...

11-Oct Update: To top it off, there is what appears be a game breaking bug near the end of the game in v1.00 where you end up trapped in a system unable to select the gate to leave. Assuming this is consistent, I doubt anyone completed the game on the unpatched version.

13-Oct Update: Close to beating the game, only missing that trophy and Space Y Intern. Despite this, I am almost sure that Space Y Intern is, in fact, achievable. Unfortunately it'll take me another complete run to test my theory. More to come.

15-Oct Update: Boom, 100%. @Studfox@Neptuos I'll provide more detail later, but the long & short of it is that both Space Y Intern and the 50 side quests trophy are glitched such that they MUST be done in 1 session. Looks like suspending the game is ok (at least on PS5), but don't close it. No need to play v1.00, but I think you do have to do it from a fresh game, i.e. you can't just revisit 25 planets you've already been to in that save.

https://youtu.be/60yzIyCbi4s

TL;DR: 100% is totally possible on the latest patch.

210.gif

Big kudos for the footwork @RNumbers! Sometime in the future I’ll go back and do a full run from scratch (when I am less salty from the glitch hahah.)

how long did your second run take you?

3 hours ago, Studfox said:

210.gif

Big kudos for the footwork @RNumbers! Sometime in the future I’ll go back and do a full run from scratch (when I am less salty from the glitch hahah.)

how long did your second run take you?

Not long, actually. The trophy popped right at the beginning of act 3, I think, well before 25 actual planets are even available. All I can think is that it counts other points of interest and even the transit gates. Or it's even glitchier than I thought.

I was thinking about trying a speed run on another account to see what the minimum time would be to earn the trophy, I might do that. Probably ~3 hours at a guess.

Edit: Did a speedrun on an alt and earned it in less than 90 minutes, way before act 3. It really is trivial when you know what you need to do. Kept track of where I "landed" and got this:

1. Tanton (just counting the start)

2. Neo Tokeeo

3. Greenhouse

4. Space Station

5. Asteroid

6. Ginormus's Ship

7. Gate to Outer Rim (from Leguin)

8. Woodster

9. Old Tokeeo

10. Vassili

11. Coastner

12. Toadstar

13. Gate to Leguin (from Outer Rim)

14. Gate to Roddenberry (from Leguin)

15. Brumby III

16. Gate to Leguin (from Roddenberry)

17. Police Station

18. Jyjaafjalajukijulliey (Bob)

19. Giga City 37

20. Gate to Clarke (from Roddenberry)

21. Asimovon

22. Mechidal Station

23. Mechan Processing Station

24. Gate to Roddenberry (from Clarke)

25. Theramaga

26. Charkadan

27. Antillia (*pop!*)

Not sure which 2 didn't count, but who cares.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, just unlocked the 50 side quests and the Space Y Intern based off of RNumbers advice above so can add to their confirmation that the trophies do unlock after doing the 25 landings and 50 side quests WITHOUT going back to menu. A couple notes I found in my runs:

- The game is bugged in that if your party is wiped and you are sent to the medbay, the next time you go for the quest the game will stall/freeze during the talking and you will have to go to the main menu to start your run over (happened to me twice during my Space Y Intern run, very frustrating so watch out for that.)

-As RNumbers said, you can get the Space Y Intern about half way through Act 2 so it should only take 75-90 min if you are hitting all the planets ASAP.

-For the 50 side quests, I found the easiest thing to do is the "Hunt" quest on Tanton over and over as by the time I had 3 members in my party this quest is so easy you only have to mash X until everyone is dead and they usually never break through your shields. You can also re-initiate this quest from the location without going back to your ship so its just an hour or so of grinding through it.

-Also as RNumbers said, suspending the app/going into rest mode doesn't negate the trophy, only closing the game or quitting to main menu.

Thanks again @RNumbers for figuring this out!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Studfox said:

Alright, just unlocked the 50 side quests and the Space Y Intern based off of RNumbers advice above so can add to their confirmation that the trophies do unlock after doing the 25 landings and 50 side quests WITHOUT going back to menu.

Congrats on the 100%, hope it was as satisfying as it was for me after all of that. :)

• Like 1