Lagging

Its-Sam-Eds

Is anyone else having an issue with lagging? Normally my internet connection is absolutely fine, in fact I got my PS5 on release and played for the first couple of months without issue. Recently however I have been experiencing awful lag spikes in any online game so it can’t be pinpointed to one games servers. I’ve tried wireless and ethernet, as well as a couple different routers in general and despite having more than adequate internet speeds I am experiencing the exact same type of lag spikes to the exact same severity. It’s making games unplayable, I’m worried the issue is something to do with my console, though I don’t know what it would be.

Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Hey,

1.check your ISPs Status if they listed any problems, planned maintenance or construction work.

2.Try to open specific ports for PSN or Games in your router

3.Depending on the time and days, how many people are at homes  and use internet it can get slow at times

4.I used wifi myself on my playstations and it was almost always an absolute disaster so i recommend to use LAN with a proper cable, dont get cheapo cables which

are not shielded properly

5.Try to use Goolge DNS Servers these helped me to improve my connection to PSN

Do you have connection problems with other devices on your internet?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HamiTosh said:

Hey,

1.check your ISPs Status if they listed any problems, planned maintenance or construction work.

2.Try to open specific ports for PSN or Games in your router

3.Depending on the time and days, how many people are at homes  and use internet it can get slow at times

4.I used wifi myself on my playstations and it was almost always an absolute disaster so i recommend to use LAN with a proper cable, dont get cheapo cables which

are not shielded properly

5.Try to use Goolge DNS Servers these helped me to improve my connection to PSN

Do you have connection problems with other devices on your internet?

No planned maintenance etc. As I said tried two different routers and the issue has been ongoing for a couple weeks. This answers your third point as I’ve been playing with no one home and with everyone home, there is no change. As I’ve said LAN/Wireless is also making no difference the lag spikes persist.

Points 2 & 5 also didn’t make any difference.

All other devices connect absolutely fine and my brother who is also on PS5 in the same household and same internet connection is not experiencing these issues.

10 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

That must be up to you. One advantage of my Playstation 5 is that it is super fast, both in the menu and in the shop and on Youtube. I don't notice any delay. A huge step forward compared to my very lagging Playstation 4 Pro.

Negative, the lag is in game. Menu speed, shop speed and YouTube/other streaming sites run absolutely fine. My PS4 Pro used to be slow on the menus and in the shop. Games would run fine.