Warning for new players who's aiming for the platinum

MajloHS93

As the description of the TT race trophies says "finish/win a TT race using a Sportsbike or Superbike" I have just completed the whole race using just the Sportsbike and still didn't get those trophies. I've decided to not start it on Superbike cause I thought doing it on Sportsbike will be enough for it to get the trophies. Seems not. Got just the Jimmy Simpson trophy.

Don't really know if there was any updates, wasn't looking for it. Also what I was doing was the "Tourist Trophy Revival" event on my 3rd season (september 2018) and it didn't count for me to get the TT trophies. But now I see that I got another event called simply "Tourist Trophy" (april 2019, still the 3rd season) so I will have another chance to get that few TT trophies in one go.

Edit: the TT race win trophies unlock after you finish the event "Tourist Trophy". The event before it called "Tourist Trophy Revival" doesn't count for it. Also I was driving just with the Supersports bike so struggling with Superbike is not needed.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

You are right. I would add some tips here too: make sure you make a backup saves often during your career because this games autosave can get corrupted. I got blue screen error in season 3 if I remember this right and I had to start all over again! Also in races learn where the saving point are because it's better to brake alittle in those points. That's because if you mess up and want to resume a game, when you get control, you cannot control the bike and you'll most likely crash.

Secondly especially when going to big cash races your opponents seems to be picked randomly so you may have very little chance to win the race if you get a experienced Suter opponent. Often AI just throttles to horizon and there's not a thing you can do. By loading a backup an trying again you may have an opportunity to get easier opponents. Their speed depends of bike and rider. In same race event you can lose lets say twenty seconds no matter how well you drive and other time you can beat the same opponent by same amount other way. This game has very frustrating and weird skill level changes so you are not a bad driver if you lose alot. 

You might also face an control issue when turning. Some times bike just don't turn at all in tight corners and this has happened to me tens and tens times.  It not controller issue, it's the game. Tested with several controllers. Controller options doesn't seem to affect anything either. No matter how you chance settings one way or another.

To be honest, I don't know what keeps me playing this because there's so much bugs, unespected crashes and literally invisibe walls, weird AI skill behavior, bad and unexpected controls. Maybe I'm just mountain sick. =) I totally understand why so many players has not given this game their precious time. It should have been deserved alot updated with alot of fixes and tweaking. 

Edited by antero-80
I had more to add to it

• 10 months later...

I'm actually really enjoying the game, it does have a MASSIVE learning curve though.

The first hour of trying races i just couldn't even complete a lap, and at one point thought would i even be able to continue. A goods nights sleep and some persistence and now I can manage to complete races without a fall, after learning how brake and throttle affect cornering. 

That said i find the times the AI get to be massively unjust, as i can smash laps and races and then find that i've lost by 10 seconds to a rider that i left for dust. Im yet to buy faster bikes so maybe that'll improve as i start to ride quicker bikes