Mid Level Bosses

I've been having a blast playing this game...mainly off-line and solo, and haven't had too many issues with the bosses...basically die a few times until i can figure out the pattern, then once that's figured out i'll use my support items if necessary...all was fine, up until Ixillis which was a pain in the ass because i had to deal with 2 bosses at the same time and the stun-stop plus major attack damages coming from both sides....so feeling a bit dejected, i went back out and grinded a bit to level up and then returned to finally beat her... .apparently i made the mistake of upgrading everything before i went through the initial barrier and got my ass handed to me over and over...now I am currently at Totem Father with same issue..

so, after reading that the Final Bosses scale to equipment when you first enter, i was curious if that includes the mid bosses as well? Again, i haven't had any real issues other than final bosses, but i plan on doing some re-rolls and am curious if the world is set (mid-bosses and all) except for the Final Boss once you start/reroll the world.

Yes they do scale but your key strength comes in the form of character build

if you playing you camping with jumping to other player camping in co op

you will have less access to your traits 

focus on a build for example 

i heavily focusing on ranged and damage 

upgraded cultists armor max as it keep my weapons mode last longer and refill faster 

finally accessories increases fire rate and damage 

i killed Ixillis from first try even though i am highly leveled 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 11:17 AM, XXIIlII said:

I recommend using the summoning mods for both weapons, one turret and the other one the skulls for example. You can summon 4 so 2 each and they will help a lot in bosses.

I have finished my first run of the main campaign and have begun to re-roll...Earth was my first stop and i have found MudTooth which was nice (he wasn't in my initial campaign) but first mid-boss was Splitter , which took a few tries to kill...

As far as Summoner Mods, all i have are the Turrets (which honestly doesn't seem to do too much damage) and Good Boy which misses more than hits...not sure where i get the Skulls from...Also with regards to mods, it's difficult which to choose from since i can only take 1 with me...(my main weapon i use is the Eye of the Storm and it's mod is non-removable). Since i lose health fast and using a dragon-heart takes awhile to use i usually go for the Mod that plants a healing aura in the ground and it can sustain me for a few extra seconds...i've actually dropped that and favor the Spitfire weapon which has the flamethrower mod.....is there a quicker way to heal? cause the frames it takes to use a consumable is sickeningly slow...love to hear some extra tips...

On 22/03/2021 at 6:45 PM, sword_of_omens said:

I have finished my first run of the main campaign and have begun to re-roll...Earth was my first stop and i have found MudTooth which was nice (he wasn't in my initial campaign) but first mid-boss was Splitter , which took a few tries to kill...

As far as Summoner Mods, all i have are the Turrets (which honestly doesn't seem to do too much damage) and Good Boy which misses more than hits...not sure where i get the Skulls from...Also with regards to mods, it's difficult which to choose from since i can only take 1 with me...(my main weapon i use is the Eye of the Storm and it's mod is non-removable). Since i lose health fast and using a dragon-heart takes awhile to use i usually go for the Mod that plants a healing aura in the ground and it can sustain me for a few extra seconds...i've actually dropped that and favor the Spitfire weapon which has the flamethrower mod.....is there a quicker way to heal? cause the frames it takes to use a consumable is sickeningly slow...love to hear some extra tips...

If you have the turrets, they might not do a lot of damage without some boosting accessories but they do at least take the pressure off. Generally anything that damages something whilst you are reloading/healing/running away is good. Other things include Swarm mod which is great (I use it with Beam Rifle but any rapid fire gun using it will annihilate most things). The dog is generally only good for slow bosses or just letting loose in open areas to go and kill things while you're doing something else. Anything with a status effect like bleeding, burning or corrosion is useful on most bosses. Most of the game since hitting level 20 I've used a beam rifle with swarm, and an SMG with the turrets or dog. Accessories I went with ones that boosted mod damage or critical chance. Other good weapons to try out include the richochet gun, assault rifle, devastator, hive cannon. Depends what you get on with really. I prefer rapid fire weapons in general. The spitfire was great early on but the summons trump the flamethrower mod overall for me.

As for healing, the summons help with that a bit as they can distract the boss and give you time to heal. Roll rather than run when trying to get away to have time to heal. You can also roll once the heart is up to your chest and you will both heal and dodge, might save your life a few times. There are a couple of traits that increase healing effectiveness/speed although I didn't really use them. Of course the more trait points you get as you play, the easier the game becomes as well. Don't forget about consumables - some last an hour and boost certain stats. Don't neglect levelling up your armour at the same time as your weapons otherwise you will be dying regularly - you should aim to keep everything you use at a similar gear level. 

Hope some of that helps at least.

• Like 1

On 18.3.2021 at 11:01 PM, sword_of_omens said:

I've been having a blast playing this game...mainly off-line and solo, and haven't had too many issues with the bosses...basically die a few times until i can figure out the pattern, then once that's figured out i'll use my support items if necessary...all was fine, up until Ixillis which was a pain in the ass because i had to deal with 2 bosses at the same time and the stun-stop plus major attack damages coming from both sides....so feeling a bit dejected, i went back out and grinded a bit to level up and then returned to finally beat her... .apparently i made the mistake of upgrading everything before i went through the initial barrier and got my ass handed to me over and over...now I am currently at Totem Father with same issue..

so, after reading that the Final Bosses scale to equipment when you first enter, i was curious if that includes the mid bosses as well? Again, i haven't had any real issues other than final bosses, but i plan on doing some re-rolls and am curious if the world is set (mid-bosses and all) except for the Final Boss once you start/reroll the world.

Have u got the Dlc's ?
I Got a Lifeleech Build, where u are Able to get Ixillis in like 20-40 Seconds done.
Plus u only die if the situation is really bad.

Otherwise i recomend having either the Spellshield mod from the Twin bosses in Rhom or The Mod from Riphide (Earthrealm) which grants invincibility for 100% of ur health

BTW IMPORTANT TO MENTION!!!

Scales go ONLY for equipment as Weapons and Armor Level.
U can Farm all the Traits and max them without difficulty Increase.

So theoretical u just go for Traits and Never Upgrade Weapons.
Just keep your Gear on The same level as your highest found items and you should roll through the game fairly easy ;)

Edited by PuRiZo-_-
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PuRiZo-_- said:

Have u got the Dlc's ?
I Got a Lifeleech Build, where u are Able to get Ixillis in like 20-40 Seconds done.
Plus u only die if the situation is really bad.

I do not have the DLC's although i think i may pick them up...

**EDIT**

Actually, i just purchased Subject 2923 since it was on sale...

i do think a Lifeleech build would be interesting..what is the loadout for that?

Currently i only have a ring that gets me 5% of my Melee damage back as health, and i have the Riven Scythe which gets me 4% , but those are for melee damage...and it doesn't seem to work out when i am getting swarmed...is there an accessory for ranged status effect leech?

4 hours ago, bobthecrazydog said:

Most of the game since hitting level 20 I've used a beam rifle with swarm,

i don't have either of those...which Bosses drop them?

Again, campaign is finished and so far i have re-rolled (Adventure) Earth and Rohm ....

4 hours ago, PuRiZo-_- said:

Spellshield mod from the Twin bosses in Rhom or The Mod from Riphide (Earthrealm) which grants invincibility for 100% of ur health

These i do have...

Edited by sword_of_omens

2 hours ago, sword_of_omens said:

I do not have the DLC's although i think i may pick them up...

**EDIT**

Actually, i just purchased Subject 2923 since it was on sale...

i do think a Lifeleech build would be interesting..what is the loadout for that?

Currently i only have a ring that gets me 5% of my Melee damage back as health, and i have the Riven Scythe which gets me 4% , but those are for melee damage...and it doesn't seem to work out when i am getting swarmed...is there an accessory for ranged status effect leech?

i don't have either of those...which Bosses drop them?

Again, campaign is finished and so far i have re-rolled (Adventure) Earth and Rohm ....

These i do have...

Beam rifle is from a random dungeon on Rhom. Swarm is from a random boss on Corsus. That’s the problem with this game, a lot of luck involved in getting certain things.

49 minutes ago, bobthecrazydog said:

Beam rifle is from a random dungeon on Rhom. Swarm is from a random boss on Corsus. That’s the problem with this game, a lot of luck involved in getting certain things.

Dunno where to get beam rifle from exactly but as u said rng boss.

Swarm is from that vodoo kinda guy in corsus.

Btw there is allmost an alternate way to kill bosses nearly all the time, so e.g. the slaugther u could sneak to his basement and hide in his pots. Thus makes u get his hammer.

20 hours ago, sword_of_omens said:

Can you share created characters across a single campaign?

For instance, can i create a new character and re-roll Corsus to set the initial gear level, and then go back in with my main character to wipe the floor with the bosses?

Nope not possible :)

Would be too easy then