Best Vita Japanese games?

ElevExplorer64

So, with the potential shutdown of the Vita's store, I was thinking of going to buy a few more Japanese games (I have pretty much every Western game I could possibly want). I was hoping to snatch up a few JRPGs and/or VNs before it's too late. I do have a few rules for suggestions, though:

1. It must be available on the US PlayStation Store, as my main account is a US account. I do have a JP account, but I'm not going to use it on my Vita.

2. The trophy list cannot be shared with the PS4 version, as I can just play the PS4 version at any time. If the game has a PS4 and a Vita version, keep in mind I might have bought the PS4 version in one of the numerous Big in Japan sales. For example, I paid $7 for Steins;Gate 0 on PS4, so I don't really want to spend $35 on the Vita version even though it has a separate trophy list. I don't have an aversion to stacking trophies, as I have a lot of duplicates on my profile, but unless I really, really, really like a game, I'm not going to go through the trouble of buying it a second time for a hefty price increase.

3. I would prefer not to bankrupt myself, so I'm not going to drop $200 on a full series (looking at you, Atelier). Not that I'd be opposed to playing an Atelier game, but I would probably pick just one or maybe two (by the way, Atelier fans, is the Arland trilogy worth it for $80?).

4. Don't suggest Persona 4 Golden or the original Steins;Gate. I already have both games and am planning to get their platinum.

5. Don't suggest a game that was delisted. As much as I'd love to try Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth and Mask of Deception, I am SOL in that regard. At least I have the Danganronpa games.

6. I can space out my purchases between now and August. I'm not going to splurge all my cash in one go.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

So, with the potential shutdown of the Vita's store, I was thinking of going to buy a few more Japanese games (I have pretty much every Western game I could possibly want). I was hoping to snatch up a few JRPGs and/or VNs before it's too late. I do have a few rules for suggestions, though:

1. It must be available on the US PlayStation Store, as my main account is a US account. I do have a JP account, but I'm not going to use it on my Vita.

2. The trophy list cannot be shared with the PS4 version, as I can just play the PS4 version at any time. If the game has a PS4 and a Vita version, keep in mind I might have bought the PS4 version in one of the numerous Big in Japan sales. For example, I paid $7 for Steins;Gate 0 on PS4, so I don't really want to spend $35 on the Vita version even though it has a separate trophy list. I don't have an aversion to stacking trophies, as I have a lot of duplicates on my profile, but unless I really, really, really like a game, I'm not going to go through the trouble of buying it a second time for a hefty price increase.

3. I would prefer not to bankrupt myself, so I'm not going to drop $200 on a full series (looking at you, Atelier). Not that I'd be opposed to playing an Atelier game, but I would probably pick just one or maybe two (by the way, Atelier fans, is the Arland trilogy worth it for $80?).

4. Don't suggest Persona 4 Golden or the original Steins;Gate. I already have both games and am planning to get their platinum.

5. Don't suggest a game that was delisted. As much as I'd love to try Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth and Mask of Deception, I am SOL in that regard. At least I have the Danganronpa games.

6. I can space out my purchases between now and August. I'm not going to splurge all my cash in one go.

Any suggestions?

Its worth noting that the Atelier series is indeed available on ps4 digitally, so I wouldn't prioritize them

• Like 1

Definitely Muramasa Rebirth. My favourite Vita game so far (also got the plat)
Then you can try Persona 4 Golden, Senran Kagura bon appetit, Amnesia Memories, the first Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Dancing (has a separate list for Vita), Taiko no tatsujin V and Project Diva f.
They all have kind of easy platinum trophies (except for taiko, which is skill dependant) and their own list.

I also own this game called Sorcery Saga which is a cute roguelike but with a hell of a platinum.