Don't buy the Enhanced Edition physical game: Read First!

Ancestral_Spirit

I've had a look on the store as I enjoyed this game, the title from 2015 has been updated to the enhanced edition and is the only edition on the store, I can't purchase it as already own it.

I would like to download it again though to see the update in graphics, enhanced puzzles, gameplay and see the new level with the museum.

Defo go back to it, i will be checking out the new content as well.

But i wouldn't bother buying the Enhanced Edition physically, at least not the European one as i've just put the disc in and it gave me a massive update patch to add the new content, so it's not even on the disc.

If anyone has the American version or the Limited Run Games version (and is willing to open it), could they please check to see if it's all on the disc for you guys?

It certainly wasn't for me on the European version.

Any chance someone can post what the disc for the Enhanced Edition for the American or LRG looks like as well?

Looking at the disc i just received, it's an exact copy of the original physical disc version, down to the CUSA number: CUSA05260

On 3/27/2021 at 3:49 PM, VegaMan-X4 said:

My Limited Run boxart copy is probably lost in post at this point but I'll update if I still manage to receive it.

I hope you do.

Not for my sake or the pictures, but definitely for your LRG copy of the game  <3

I know i'd be livid if any of mine got lost in the post!

I suppose about the only saving grace would be, that given the price of a lot of LRG games, the LRG version of Among The Sleep isn't THAT expensive.

Not much of a saving grace, but still   >.<

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update on the matter (concerning NA/LRG disc version). The Enhanced Edition print of the game contains 1.00 version of the game on disc. So, basically, it's a reprint of the vanilla version with a new art on both disc and game box cover. It updates to 3.10 (as of now) version via Internet once you put the disc into your console.

40 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Just a quick update on the matter (concerning NA/LRG disc version). The Enhanced Edition print of the game contains 1.00 version of the game on disc. So, basically, it's a reprint of the vanilla version with a new art on both disc and game box cover. It updates to 3.10 (as of now) version via Internet once you put the disc into your console.

Hhhmmm pretty sure LRG bang on and on about the fact that they DON'T do reprints and yet here we are, a reprint that's deliberately made to not LOOK like a reprint.

That's beyond dirty!

Especially since they were charging full price for the same game, claiming that it was all complete on disc. Just wow  :/

Not only that, but they also claim to be 'for the physicals' and wanting to make sure that people can still play the games later on down the line without internet, but unless you have something that can connect to the internet, and PSN servers, you've basically bought the same game twice and couldn't access the extra enhanced edition content without connecting.

I know there's plenty of people that don't open their copies of LRG games as well. So it does beg you to wonder, just how many of these games are claimed to be complete on disc, when really they require patches? I only open mine when i intend to play them, but when i do from now on i'll go to the forums and report whether or not they're actually 'complete on disc' or not.

In b4 'But we only distributed this title, it's not technically an LRG title'.

They still went ahead and advertised it as such. Regardless of whether or not it's technically their title, they still had a hand in misleading their customers.

Krillbyte and Soedesco also have a lot to answer for with this title.

What a shit show  :/

38 minutes ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

Hhhmmm pretty sure LRG bang on and on about the fact that they DON'T do reprints and yet here we are, a reprint that's deliberately made to not LOOK like a reprint.

That's beyond dirty!

Especially since they were charging full price for the same game, claiming that it was all complete on disc. Just wow  :/

Not only that, but they also claim to be 'for the physicals' and wanting to make sure that people can still play the games later on down the line without internet, but unless you have something that can connect to the internet, and PSN servers, you've basically bought the same game twice and couldn't access the extra enhanced edition content without connecting.

I know there's plenty of people that don't open their copies of LRG games as well. So it does beg you to wonder, just how many of these games are claimed to be complete on disc, when really they require patches? I only open mine when i intend to play them, but when i do from now on i'll go to the forums and report whether or not they're actually 'complete on disc' or not.

In b4 'But we only distributed this title, it's not technically an LRG title'.

They still went ahead and advertised it as such. Regardless of whether or not it's technically their title, they still had a hand in misleading their customers.

Krillbyte and Soedesco also have a lot to answer for with this title.

What a shit show  :/

Not a Limited Run Games release though. Still published by SOEDESCO. It was merely distributed/featured (in part) through their website while given an alternative boxart cover as an incentive. The disc itself is the same as a public release (or re-release/reprint for that matter). Limited Run has nothing to do with its contents.

Edited by VegaMan-X4

23 hours ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Not a Limited Run Games release though. Still published by SOEDESCO. It was merely distributed/featured (in part) through their website while given an alternative boxart cover as an incentive. The disc itself is the same as a public release (or re-release/reprint for that matter). Limited Run has nothing to do with its contents.

As i stated in my In b4 section, which i'm not sure if you read or not, but i'll reiterate my point again.

The EU version has all its content on disc, it's just the NA and LRG versions that have no extra content on the disc.

What i'm getting at here is that LRG is a company that supposedly prides itself on making sure that games are COMPLETE on disc so that people can play their games in the future, regardless of whether or not servers have been shut down, or the internet isn't available to you at the time of playing the game.

LRG advertised that this game was complete on disc, they lied.

Which is why i also said that Krillbyte and Soedesco are also not entirely out of the blame on this one, but you appear to only be defending LRG, a company that also lied by saying the game was completely on disc, which it wasn't.

LRG may have nothing to do with what's printed on this disc in particular. But they could have also told their consumer base what they were actually paying for, which they didn't. They deliberately mislead their consumer base, and lied about what they were actually paying for, which they have a track record of.

Let's take the Streets of Rage 4 debacle. This is the only place you can get it! We're the only ones producing it for NA!

Then a day after the pre-orders closed, and it was too late to cancel, surprise surprise, every company and their mothers all had the exact same copies without the limited print  :/

If any of these companies had any integrity, LRG, Krillbyte and Soedesco, they would have said that the game required a DL to play the Enhanced Edition content.

If you pay for the Enhanced Edition of Among The Sleep in America, or the LRG exclusive version, you have been had. You are paying for the original title AGAIN, at full price AGAIN, and are forced to update your game digitally. Something that other people can already do with their original copy of the game for free.

TL;DR

Don't buy the NA or LRG version, they are reprints of the original game.

Buy the EU version, which actually has all the content on disc.

ALL companies need to stop lying about what they're selling.

ALL companies need to stop misleading their consumers.

• 1 month later...

I was about to bid on the LRG variant cover for the Enhanced Edition on ebay, then was curious about the game's trophy list and saw this topic off to the side and man am I glad that I did.  So just to make sure.... the PAL PS4 physical for the Enhanced Edition is complete, while the North American versions all require a download to update to the enhanced edition version of the game?

5 hours ago, drlight66 said:

I was about to bid on the LRG variant cover for the Enhanced Edition on ebay, then was curious about the game's trophy list and saw this topic off to the side and man am I glad that I did.  So just to make sure.... the PAL PS4 physical for the Enhanced Edition is complete, while the North American versions all require a download to update to the enhanced edition version of the game?

All that I can say on NA versions of the Enhanced Edition is that in terms of disc itself it looks like the same print. Only the covers of a public and LRG releases are different. 

Holy Moly what a mess.

Everyone, don't buy ANY version of the Enhanced Edition, i'm going to put all this info in my first post as well so we don't cause any confusion here.

When reading through Amazon.co.uk reviews, someone mentioned that the PEGI rated Enhanced Edition of Among The Sleep had all the DLC on the disc.

That review has since been deleted, however i know it existed because it is still available in cache form.

Seems however the review was deleted because it was misinformation.

I just messaged an eBayer with the Enhanced Edition PEGI rated version, and he has just tested his copy to see if all the DLC is on the disc.

IT IS NOT!

There are NO versions of the Enhanced Edition with all the DLC on the disc.

This includes PEGI, USK, LRG and ESRB.

Do not waste your money, unless you really really want those alternate covers.