PS3 stuck on restoring

Jinxcendant-XIII

Hi, I was on my PS3 yesterday because I wanted to buy some games on the store due to hearing about the upcoming store closure, bought 3 games and 2 DLC'S, one game and both DLC'S installed fine but the other two wouldn't install kept getting error 80010038 and in the end I gave up trying,

I did start deleting old demos it took a while for some and a corrupted data file would appear in it's place in my game folder, maybe that was the cause? after I was done I went to turn off my PS3 and a message came up saying my download(s) haven't finished but nothing was in the downloads section so I turned the PS3 off,

Then when I turned it back on it said my file system or something was corrupted and Now my PS3 appears stuck in restoring, already did it once but had to do it again and its not even halfway yet, any ideas on what to do? thanks. 

8 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Hi, I was on my PS3 yesterday because I wanted to buy some games on the store due to hearing about the upcoming store closure, bought 3 games and 2 DLC'S, one game and both DLC'S installed fine but the other two wouldn't install kept getting error 80010038 and in the end I gave up trying,

I did start deleting old demos it took a while for some and a corrupted data file would appear in it's place in my game folder, maybe that was the cause? after I was done I went to turn off my PS3 and a message came up saying my download(s) haven't finished but nothing was in the downloads section so I turned the PS3 off,

Then when I turned it back on it said my file system or something was corrupted and Now my PS3 appears stuck in restoring, already did it once but had to do it again and its not even halfway yet, any ideas on what to do? thanks. 

How old is your HD? This is about the time that spinning hard drives might start showing a bit of wear and tear. I'm guess if it's the original HDD, you can wait it out, but it's probably time for a replacement. I'd recommend an SSD.

14 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

How old is your HD? This is about the time that spinning hard drives might start showing a bit of wear and tear. I'm guess if it's the original HDD, you can wait it out, but it's probably time for a replacement. I'd recommend an SSD.

Had the PS3 since 2009,been stuck on restoring since 11 this morning then had to restore again around 4 hours later

Edited by Jinxcendant-XIII

19 hours ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Keeps saying the file system on the system storage is corrupted and will be restored, seems like its gonna be an endless loop 

If it's indeed a loop where the file system restore keeps throwing up corrupted data that could not be restored, then your harddrive is corrupted beyond repair and you must do the  Restore PS3 System (5th option in safe boot menu), which will wipe out the entire hdd, which is really really bad/annoying. Hopefully you have your save data backups on a flash device or PS Plus Cloud Storage. Also your games will need to be reinstalled/redownloaded. Been there twice, can't stress how annoying and stressful is.

55 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

If it's indeed a loop where the file system restore keeps throwing up corrupted data that could not be restored, then your harddrive is corrupted beyond repair and you must do the  Restore PS3 System (5th option in safe boot menu), which will wipe out the entire hdd, which is really really bad/annoying. Hopefully you have your save data backups on a flash device or PS Plus Cloud Storage. Also your games will need to be reinstalled/redownloaded. Been there twice, can't stress how annoying and stressful is.

I don't have ps+ as I moved to PS4 in 2016 :( I'll just log into my sisters ps3