Some Question (Minecraft) [PS Vita]

OmegaRejectz

I don’t own a Vita, so I have no clue how the system even functions. I don’t plan on getting one anytime soon but still want to ask these quedtions.

1) Are PS Vita games region locked? I looked at some physical Minecraft Vita listings and they all seemed to be from the UK or Japan.

2) Is this game fully playable with just a cartridge? E.g. when the Vita store shuts down in July would I still be able to play the game? 
3) For the multiplayer/co-op trophies (I think 2, maybe 3 people max are needed) would I have to find another person? Or does Vita support split screen (which sounds odd, but whatever)

4) Does Vita support Bluetooth? Could I use a PS3 or PS4 controller on my Vita and play the game (albeit on a tiny screen)

5) how good is this port? I’ve played 360, PS3, PS4, Bedrock & Java tons and I understand how the game works.

On 2021-04-02 at 6:38 PM, SnowxSakura said:

1. No there's no region locking.

2. You'll be able to play the base game, but none of the dlc off the cart

3. You need other people for the co-op

4. It has bluetooth support, but not for controllers. Use a PSTV if you want to use a controller

5. It's pretty good, runs at a stable framerate, just has a much lower render of chunk distance

1) that’s good. So I’ll just pickup the cheapest version then.

2) ok, so I’d need to install patches, every Minecraft VITA patch was free though? (Like every other version) so assuming Sony doesn’t stop game patches for Vita I’ll be good

3) Ok, I’ll look more into how many people I’ll need. I think 90% of them are only two player which is GREAT!

4) Alright, so it’d be like Bluetooth headsets or something? Good to know the PS TV has that support, definitely wouldn’t get one just for this game though ?

5) that’s not too bad of a compromise, when I replayed the PS3 version the render distance was annoying but definitely the least issue. 

thanks for all the information! Super useful.

27 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

1) that’s good. So I’ll just pickup the cheapest version then.

2) ok, so I’d need to install patches, every Minecraft VITA patch was free though? (Like every other version) so assuming Sony doesn’t stop game patches for Vita I’ll be good

3) Ok, I’ll look more into how many people I’ll need. I think 90% of them are only two player which is GREAT!

4) Alright, so it’d be like Bluetooth headsets or something? Good to know the PS TV has that support, definitely wouldn’t get one just for this game though 1f605.png

5) that’s not too bad of a compromise, when I replayed the PS3 version the render distance was annoying but definitely the least issue. 

thanks for all the information! Super useful.

You need 4 people at least for this one trophy. https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2990-minecraft/79-snowplough

and you need at least 2 others for https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2990-minecraft/61-cupid

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

You need 4 people at least for this one trophy. https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2990-minecraft/79-snowplough

and you need at least 2 others for https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2990-minecraft/61-cupid

For snowplough, me and my boosting partner found a kind of workaround for the 4 people. You only need two for this method. The trophy description says you need to kill 3 people will snowballs in each round, you just have to kill 3 people over the course of the entire game. So you can just kill your boosting partner 3 times and it will pop.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, shxrpay said:

For snowplough, me and my boosting partner found a kind of workaround for the 4 people. You only need two for this method. The trophy description says you need to kill 3 people will snowballs in each round, you just have to kill 3 people over the course of the entire game. So you can just kill your boosting partner 3 times and it will pop.

Oh, really? That’s sweet. So 2 people total for every trophy except Cupid which requires 3 people total.

Thanks for the info!

• 3 weeks later...

Is there still a way to do the creative to survival glitch now that the copy and send to cloud options don't exist anymore? I only need the last DLC trophies so it shouldn't be too bad but if I can save time...

Wait, actually the tutorial world has everything you need to do all the trophies so that's good enough... Wish I knew before I srtarted roaming around a random world searching for everything for hours.

Edited by GastNDorf

• 2 months later...
On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2021 at 2:37 PM, GastNDorf said:

Is there still a way to do the creative to survival glitch now that the copy and send to cloud options don't exist anymore? I only need the last DLC trophies so it shouldn't be too bad but if I can save time...

Wait, actually the tutorial world has everything you need to do all the trophies so that's good enough... Wish I knew before I srtarted roaming around a random world searching for everything for hours.

Are you saying you can get Respawn the Enderdragon. and Levitate up 50 block from the attacks of a Shulker.  in the tutorial world?

10 hours ago, cheesebacca said:

Are you saying you can get Respawn the Enderdragon. and Levitate up 50 block from the attacks of a Shulker.  in the tutorial world?

Well I was talking about the last DLC, the others I have done it years ago when it was possible to import glitched world to make it easy. I haven't explored that much so maybe there's a part with ender crystals in a chest but I doubt it.