Boosting Thread

If I had to guess, I'd imagine there will be a official "boosting" section of the site itself someday.

Until then (if my guess has any truth to it) it'll probably be a Do-It-Yourself thing. Just go to whatever game's subforum you want to boost and start up a thread looking for others. Then others can use that to find others to boost with as well. It's pretty laid back here in terms of making anything "official" on the forums... or so I'm led to believe. Just make sure you post things in the proper forums.

Maybe it shouldn't be part of the forums and instead be part of a user's trophy page for a game -- allow a signed in user to flag that they're looking for boosting partners for this game and if so, display a list of other people who have done the same thing, optionally being able to filter by things like player country, player timezone, player entered availability (weekends, weeknights after 8pm, whatever), player age range, how recently they flagged that they're looking for a boosting partner, etc.

And if a game isn't boostable, well, it won't matter because boosting partners would only be displayed if you've selected that you're looking for one.

Maybe it shouldn't be part of the forums and instead be part of a user's trophy page for a game -- allow a signed in user to flag that they're looking for boosting partners for this game and if so, display a list of other people who have done the same thing, optionally being able to filter by things like player country, player timezone, player entered availability (weekends, weeknights after 8pm, whatever), player age range, how recently they flagged that they're looking for a boosting partner, etc.

And if a game isn't boostable, well, it won't matter because boosting partners would only be displayed if you've selected that you're looking for one.

I feel pretty confident Sly is working on a solution similar to this. I think the posting threads and forum stuff would just be an alternative until then.