Trophy Thoughts.

Sikutai

On 4/13/2021 at 4:48 PM, Sikutai said:

You'll need more than 100 hours for the Level 20 campaign Trophy without Premium, I guess.

I am not 100% certain this is the case, but it definitely takes many, many hours. With recent updates, certain factors have become clearer but not easier. The level 20 campaign trophy is for ONE FACTION (Allies or Axis). Players must pick one side (either Allies or Axis, not both) on one campaign (there are now six campaigns from which to choose), and grind away with that one faction on only one campaign for this trophy. I chose the Allies, Battle of Normandy. That map set always seems active. Unfortunately, when I played as Axis on the Battle of Normandy, Enlisted treated my Axis progress as a completely separate campaign. At present, my Allies Battle of Normandy campaign is rank 6 and my Axis Battle of Normandy campaign is rank 3. 

Players can double down on Premium for triple or quadruple XP (I am not endorsing this approach, simply stating it is possible). Regular gameplay is 100% XP. Playing only with premium squads (must be purchased with real money) for the entire match grants an additional +100% XP. Purchasing a premium account (i.e., renting the account for 30 days), adds an additional +100% XP. This brings the XP total to 300%. If players win, a victory multiplier of 1.5X is applied to this entire 300% XP total, bringing the total to +450% XP. As Sikutai pointed out, players without Premium have triple the grind, earning at most 150% XP with a victory, and only 100% XP with a loss.

The Catch-22 for trophy hunters is that squad trophies cannot be obtained with premium squads, only regular squads. Thus, trophy hunters must grind at least one regular squad to level 35. One trophy is related to obtaining 30 flamethrower or mortar kills in a round (IAR). However, both flame troopers and mortar soldiers are not available until the player reaches a certain campaign XP level. The player must then upgrade the flame trooper or mortar squad to include that soldier type. From what I've seen so far, there is a limit of one flame trooper per squad, and it has to be a specialized squad which allows flame troopers. Most squads don't have an option for flame troopers, only snipers, anti-tank soldiers, radiomen, assaulters, and engineers. Getting 30 kills IAR with a flame trooper in a legitimate match is very difficult.

In addition, regular weapons cannot be upgraded without first upgrading the regular squad associated with that particular weapon. While upgrading weapons is not necessary for trophies, it makes a difference with weapon accuracy (something the game calls "shot deviation"). This is most noticeable at medium to long range, where your target is square in the crosshairs but your shot still misses. Premium squads not only have the +100% XP boost, but all their weapons are also fully upgraded too. However, these are special weapons that are unique to that premium squad and no other. 

On 2/5/2022 at 11:57 PM, Horugv said:

What happens when battlepass time expires? Will it reset to zero? I don't always have time to play it every day just to obtain those sorry 3 stars every day to get to stage 50...

We will find out when the current battle pass expires in 33 days. Buying a Premium battle pass for 1000 gold allows players to complete 9 daily star challenges instead of 3 daily star challenges.  Reaching rank 50 in the battle pass requires completing 150 1-star challenges. With Premium battle pass, this can be completed in 17 days. However, as you pointed out, with the regular free pass, it takes 50 days. 

16 minutes ago, poetic_justice_ said:

I am not 100% certain this is the case, but it definitely takes many, many hours. With recent updates, certain factors have become clearer but not easier. 

I've already played this game for 110 hours and in the years since then I've downloaded it again 2 times to see if the leveling for the campaign is faster now. Unfortunately not, I'm still at least 50 hours away from Level 20. And I've only ever played one campaign and one side.

What I also find very bad is that as a German I was never able to play the PS 4 version. We Germans can't buy it if we already own the PS 5 version. Yes, in Germany this game costs money.

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2023 at 3:07 AM, Sikutai said:

I've already played this game for 110 hours and in the years since then I've downloaded it again 2 times to see if the leveling for the campaign is faster now. Unfortunately not, I'm still at least 50 hours away from Level 20. And I've only ever played one campaign and one side.

What I also find very bad is that as a German I was never able to play the PS 4 version. We Germans can't buy it if we already own the PS 5 version. Yes, in Germany this game costs money.

I feel you. The game says I have spent 53 hours in battle, and I am at 16/20 for Normandy, Allies. However, the amount of XP for each level increases. For level 17 it is 132,000 XP, but for levels 18-23, it is 144,000 XP. The amount of XP per match can be very low (3,000 XP) or very high (most I've gotten is 29,000 XP), and much of this depends on your teammates. Some squads, like Mortar and Radiomen, are useless if your teammates don't mark enemy locations. You are shooting in the dark. It is like being blindfolded and throwing apples in a swimming pool, hoping to hit a fish.

Although Gaijin Distribution KFT constantly boasts about their QoL (Quality of Life) improvements, the QoL is low.  Certain core game mechanics are as terrible as they were years ago. Whenever you are shot, your character almost stops moving for two seconds, virtually guaranteeing you will be shot again and die. Character movement is clunky, visibility in tanks is terrible, and maps are cluttered with nonsensical garbage that stops your vehicles from moving. The best tanks are incredibly slow; at top speed in Gear 3, they only go 15-16 km per hour. If the terrain is rough, moving from the spawn point to where the fighting can take minutes. If a friendly tank is exploded in a chokepoint, especially on Normandy Beach, no other tanks will be able to push it out of the way. 

Some might argue this is historically accurate, but I disagree. WWII tanks weighed between 30-45 tons. In contrast, six-wheeled army trucks weighed 5 tons, and some were only 2 1/2 tons. Any tank in Enlisted should be able to crush a truck, rolling right over the top of it, yet trucks and truck wrecks in Enlisted are immovable obstacles. What's worse is when your 30 ton tank is stopped by a tree with a diameter smaller than a man's waist. That is not historical accuracy; that is bad game design and crappy game physics. Considering how much money Gaijin is making off Enlisted, they can afford to fix that.

Also, if a player is fighting in front of the defense objective, the game can suddenly change the map, saying, "Get back to the battle, soldier!" Even though the defense point has not moved, the game marks the player out of bounds (even though the player was clearly inside a playable area) and kills all squad members and destroys the player's vehicle before the player has a chance to "get back to the battle." 

Sorry you are having difficulties in Germany. That stinks. At least in the game Germans have the best tanks. The Panzers and Tigers are quite powerful.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

Can we expect any new trophies in the near future? I drop in and out of this game so often so it's impossible for me to keep up with updates and major changes.

Highly doubt it, none of the other games from Gaijin have ever received additional trophies and it's been years since all of them were released. I'm in the same boat tho, every time I get back to the game everything looks completely different...for better or worse

21 hours ago, Sydoki said:

Highly doubt it, none of the other games from Gaijin have ever received additional trophies and it's been years since all of them were released. I'm in the same boat tho, every time I get back to the game everything looks completely different...for better or worse

I got all the original trophies thankfully, and I figured any new ones they added would be equally challenging or time-consuming, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

On 8/31/2023 at 8:28 AM, Creasy007 said:

Can we expect any new trophies in the near future? I drop in and out of this game so often so it's impossible for me to keep up with updates and major changes.

On 8/31/2023 at 9:03 AM, Sydoki said:

I am personally grateful no new trophies have been added. It takes so long to level squads to maximum efficiency and maximum XP potential as it is. After 200 battles, I still haven't hit level 20 for one faction in one campaign (Allies, Normandy). However, there are six campaigns with twelve different factions. If Darkflow Software were to get trophy-crazy, say "Reach level 20 with every faction in every campaign", Enlisted would become over a thousand-hour game. I am not crazy about the current trophies, but I am grateful it isn't worse (looking at you, Battlefield Hardline).

31 minutes ago, poetic_justice_ said:

I am personally grateful no new trophies have been added. It takes so long to level squads to maximum efficiency and maximum XP potential as it is. After 200 battles, I still haven't hit level 20 for one faction in one campaign (Allies, Normandy). However, there are six campaigns with twelve different factions. If Darkflow Software were to get trophy-crazy, say "Reach level 20 with every faction in every campaign", Enlisted would become over a thousand-hour game. I am not crazy about the current trophies, but I am grateful it isn't worse (looking at you, Battlefield Hardline).

Shhh, don't give them any ideas!! XP requirements are truly abysmal. Although, to be honest, 100 hours feels far more painful right now; might have to find a way to idle through some matches here and there at this pace.

10 hours ago, Sydoki said:

Shhh, don't give them any ideas!! XP requirements are truly abysmal. Although, to be honest, 100 hours feels far more painful right now; might have to find a way to idle through some matches here and there at this pace.

You wouldn't be alone. It is common to find entire squads sitting idle at the edge of the map or hidden inside a building, standing lifeless. It is one of the reasons why matches are lost for an entire team. 

Funny enough, I had less of an issue with the time-based trophies and more of one with the skill-based ones. I got really good at the game for a while there and managed to knock them out without too much hassle thankfully but they were still nerve-wracking at times (and some were clearly way easier to get when the game first came out versus today). Either way, I guess I'm happy we aren't getting any new trophies as I'm sure they'd be ludicrously time-oriented. Still love this game though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 7:55 AM, Creasy007 said:

Funny enough, I had less of an issue with the time-based trophies and more of one with the skill-based ones. I got really good at the game for a while there and managed to knock them out without too much hassle thankfully but they were still nerve-wracking at times (and some were clearly way easier to get when the game first came out versus today). Either way, I guess I'm happy we aren't getting any new trophies as I'm sure they'd be ludicrously time-oriented. Still love this game though.

Congrats on finishing the skill-based trophies!  They are challenging. I finally finished two of the skill-based trophies this past month: 30 kills with a mortar and 20 headshots in a round (IAR). I honestly thought the flamethrower would be easier than the mortar, but I was wrong. On Invasion, if you are the offensive team, aim your mortar at whatever the current capture point is. Defensive players flock to the point. After dropping rounds on the point itself, aim your mortar +5m behind the capture point. This will kill and flush out enemies hiding behind defensive walls. I was shocked to earn 39 mortar kills IAR.

20 HS IAR was tough for me. The enemies move so much. Human or AI, it doesn't matter. Humans are a little twitchier, but AIs can be dead-eye shots if they spot you, especially AI snipers. I spent most of the match playing 100+m from the objective, hoping no one would notice me. Most of the time, that approach worked. At the end of the round I had 21 HS.

The only skill-based trophy left is 10 captures IAR. I've gotten 6 once, but 10 captures in a public match is honestly ridiculous. If anyone is interested in tackling that trophy with me, please send me a message.

6 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Congrats on finishing the skill-based trophies!  They are challenging. I finally finished two of the skill-based trophies this past month: 30 kills with a mortar and 20 headshots in a round (IAR). I honestly thought the flamethrower would be easier than the mortar, but I was wrong. On Invasion, if you are the offensive team, aim your mortar at whatever the current capture point is. Defensive players flock to the point. After dropping rounds on the point itself, aim your mortar +5m behind the capture point. This will kill and flush out enemies hiding behind defensive walls. I was shocked to earn 39 mortar kills IAR.

20 HS IAR was tough for me. The enemies move so much. Human or AI, it doesn't matter. Humans are a little twitchier, but AIs can be dead-eye shots if they spot you, especially AI snipers. I spent most of the match playing 100+m from the objective, hoping no one would notice me. Most of the time, that approach worked. At the end of the round I had 21 HS.

The only skill-based trophy left is 10 captures IAR. I've gotten 6 once, but 10 captures in a public match is honestly ridiculous. If anyone is interested in tackling that trophy with me, please send me a message.

Thanks! They were indeed challenging, some more than others, but I loved the game enough every time I played it that it was more than worth going for all of them. 

Funnily enough, the 20 headshots one was one of the "easier" ones for me. I think I got it in my first or second match that I was actively trying to unlock it. I can't recall the map name or even the mode but it was in the Normandy campaign, I was Axis, set up atop the clock tower section of the big church in the middle of a town. I had a perfect line on the enemy's spawn so it was only a matter of catching the AI staying still for a second, and boom. I think I wound up with 23-24 headshots by the end of the match or something.

As for the 10 captures, that ended up being one of the first trophies I got when I first started playing. I feel like it's one of those trophies that was wayyy easier when the game first came out. Again, I was Axis in the Normandy campaign at the time, one of those orchard/farm-type maps, and I remember getting in a little motorcycle or a jeep or something in the match I played and just went back and forth between two points capturing them over and over with almost no resistance. I think I got 8 in a row before I died, then managed the other two before the match ended. Again, sounds like it's one that's probably a lot harder to achieve now sadly, but I haven't consistently followed all the changes enough to know what's made it so.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

I loved the game enough every time I played it that it was more than worth going for all of them. 

Funnily enough, the 20 headshots one was one of the "easier" ones for me. I think I got it in my first or second match that I was actively trying to unlock it. I can't recall the map name or even the mode but it was in the Normandy campaign, I was Axis, set up atop the clock tower section of the big church in the middle of a town. I had a perfect line on the enemy's spawn so it was only a matter of catching the AI staying still for a second, and boom. I think I wound up with 23-24 headshots by the end of the match or something.

As for the 10 captures, that ended up being one of the first trophies I got when I first started playing. I feel like it's one of those trophies that was wayyy easier when the game first came out. Again, I was Axis in the Normandy campaign at the time, one of those orchard/farm-type maps, and I remember getting in a little motorcycle or a jeep or something in the match I played and just went back and forth between two points capturing them over and over with almost no resistance. I think I got 8 in a row before I died, then managed the other two before the match ended. Again, sounds like it's one that's probably a lot harder to achieve now sadly, but I haven't consistently followed all the changes enough to know what's made it so.

Loving the game is important. I think playing Axis on Normandy might have something to do with getting easier headshots. On Normandy maps, Axis often have a higher terrain advantage. I was testing out the Axis faction and, without even trying, achieved 19/20 HS on Normandy Beach. Multiple elevated MG42s positions allowed me to devastate soldiers coming off the beach and up the hill. Switching to Allies, I thought it would be just as easy to get HS. Nope. I had to play as a sniper and carefully pick shots. The Allies have few to no elevation advantages on Normandy Beach itself, and this trend of "Axis high/Allies low" seems present in other Normandy maps.

As for slow captures, I think Darkflow Software might have nerfed the "capture" timer. If only one player is on a point, the point takes forever to capture. With two or more players, the capture is noticeably faster. I spent a thirty-minute match trying to cap ten points and only got nine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 10:39 PM, poetic_justice_ said:

Loving the game is important. I think playing Axis on Normandy might have something to do with getting easier headshots. On Normandy maps, Axis often have a higher terrain advantage. I was testing out the Axis faction and, without even trying, achieved 19/20 HS on Normandy Beach. Multiple elevated MG42s positions allowed me to devastate soldiers coming off the beach and up the hill. Switching to Allies, I thought it would be just as easy to get HS. Nope. I had to play as a sniper and carefully pick shots. The Allies have few to no elevation advantages on Normandy Beach itself, and this trend of "Axis high/Allies low" seems present in other Normandy maps.

As for slow captures, I think Darkflow Software might have nerfed the "capture" timer. If only one player is on a point, the point takes forever to capture. With two or more players, the capture is noticeably faster. I spent a thirty-minute match trying to cap ten points and only got nine.

I see you finally got the trophy the day after this post - congratulations! Take solace in the fact that all you have left now is playing the game and accumulating hours, no challenge or skill required. It was nice when I got to that point and surprisingly very easy to barrel through the final 20 or so hours for the trophy.

16 hours ago, Creasy007 said:

I see you finally got the trophy the day after this post - congratulations! Take solace in the fact that all you have left now is playing the game and accumulating hours, no challenge or skill required. It was nice when I got to that point and surprisingly very easy to barrel through the final 20 or so hours for the trophy.

I hit 100 hours and 100% completion tonight! Thanks, Creasy007. On the second to last match, I hit my all-time high while in the Jumbo tank : 171 kills, and 189 assists. The Jumbo tank is slow but carries a lot of shells.

6 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

I hit 100 hours and 100% completion tonight! Thanks, Creasy007. On the second to last match, I hit my all-time high while in the Jumbo tank : 171 kills, and 189 assists. The Jumbo tank is slow but carries a lot of shells.

Great job! I bet that was amazing.

I know I was spicing it up with the campaigns near the end of my 100 hours and wound up in a match or two that was curiously stacked with bots and rookies, where I decimated with a little over 200 kills and got the win. It felt incredible.