Hard mode,How to approach?

qsire246

Downwell is an amazing game i recently cleared normal mode and started hard mode but damn there is so much to kill and avoid i just gave up and closed the game almost deleting it.

I checked the guide and some youtube videos to help me but all i can say is patience is required but i would like to know if u managed to plat the game what are ur crucial tips to plat  the game?

Thnx in advance.

?

• Like 1

I would recommend using Arm Spin Style for more ammo capacity upgrades and health pips over any other style.

Because what helped me was realising how important your ammo capacity is. More firepower = more offensive pressure, whether you're spraying enemies down with Noppy or 1-shotting everything with the Laser, it's helpful to quickly clear enemies that are in your way.

This is a bit RNG but getting the Knife & Fork upgrade early will help a lot. You can use it to increase health if you don't get hit. But personally, I got damaged a lot in Area 1 and 2 so instead the ability was used to refill missing health, which kept me and the run alive.

In area 1 you don't have much time to clear all the enemies, so just kill the one's that are in your way.

In area 2 you have more time to plan and you should have a larger ammo capacity. If you can't see what's below, then use your ammo to slow your fall.

In area 3 if you have a large ammo capacity you can spam your weapon to slow down your fall, jump on a turtle / squid to get ammo back. + Turtles and squids are an excellent source for food to increase your health. With the help from health pips and Knife & Fork you can build up your health from 4 HP to 6 HP in this area.

In area 4 have a large ammo capacity and powerful weapon (I had 26 capacity with Laser). You will be falling quickly so use your weapon to slow down and react to enemy placements, just make sure to jump on a non-red enemy to get ammo back.

• Like 2

Thnx to u both especially @Lausokii for the detailed information as i was able to beat the first two levels on hard mode all thats left is to do is avoid gemhigh cause i don't like the fast fall thing and ill be good to get the :platinum: all thanks to u highly appreciated you guys r just :awesome:

Edited by qsire246
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, qsire246 said:

Thnx to u both especially @Lausokii for the detailed information as i was able to beat the first two levels on hard mode all thats left is to do is avoid gemhigh cause i don't like the fast fall thing and ill be good to get the :platinum: all thanks to u highly appreciated you guys r just :awesome:

You are going to want Gem high as you can kill stuff easier,  you will want to get used to it.  The catacombs are the most annoying shit I have had to deal with in the game that area on hard mode ended hundreds of runs for me.  In hard mode I never felt like I was getting better I just felt like I was getting lucky making it past catacombs once in a while.  Good luck just keep smashing your head against it and take breaks when you feel like you are tilting.

• Like 1

I didn't even know that gemhigh allows u to kill stuff faster but will it be efficient in the fourth area with all the obstacles you r to bounce of to make combos for rewards?

The extra life u get from combos and fork and knife r just unimaginable even if u mess up a bit ur still good to go but with gemhigh i seem to be messing up my combos.