Lightspeed Fighter trophy - Questions and help

On 4/30/2021 at 2:27 AM, eispan71 said:

I wished they would have allowed this trophy to get earned while doing the Ending E playthrough... It should be the same right?.. or will the story be shorter than when you do Ending A?

Pretty sure someone else answered, yeah after Hook fight story continues from D ending and ends a couple hours later. Yes read the other answers and sure enough people have answered everything I cover lol sorry just got excited.

Edited by Wildcat0728

On 5/19/2021 at 1:40 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

So, if you make a separate save before taking the Ending E route, can you reload it afterwards and continue normally towards Ending A for the speedrun trophy?

Yes, I know someone else answered but wanted to elaborate. You can do it with beginning an E file, but you have to finish Ending E and then you revert back to your last save before the final Hook fight, albeit you didnt save over it, which means you have to face Hook again but it beats going all the way back. I accidentally had a last save before the first junk heap boss fight so I had to redo two boss fights. But on easy mode it was easy peasy and only needed like 6 hours more instead of 8 to finish it. So I would pretty much use file 2 to save when starting E, file 3 when E story branch begins if you have to save during the new story, and then file 1 for your rescued save. File 3 will be deleted but file 2 will be there just boot up file 2 again and continue. DO NOT forget to save after the junk heap boss fight. As you will not be allowed to save at the Aerie. I would run into the Forest and make a quick save before heading into Aerie just so you don't have to travel a large distance. #speedrunstrats

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 4:45 AM, irriducibile87 said:

Which is the best way to approach it ?

Is it better to do a separate "skip everything" playthrough or is it achievable on a first normal playthorugh as long as we skip every sidequest/minigame/exploration ?

Or in order to finish under 15 hours it is still necessary to also skip every cutscene/story content ?

When does the timer actually runs ? Does it still run during cutscenes and even if you pause the game ?

What I was thinking of doing is the following:

1. starting a normal playthrough on a save slot (SAVE SLOT A), playing normally, watching cutscenes and completing every side quest of the first half of the game (since they become missable afterwards)
  2. reach the last boss of the first half of the game and create a new save file in another save slot (SAVE SLOT B ) from just before said "final" boss
  3. continue playing the second half of the game on SAVE SLOT A at my own pace, watching every cutscene, enjoying the story, getting the first ending and then saving at the beginning of second playthrough on SAVE SLOT A
  4. at this point temporarily abandon SAVE SLOT A and reload SAVE SLOT B, now skipping EVERYTHING and quickly rushing through the whole second half of the game which I have already played through normally and then unlock Lightspeed Fighter at the end
  5. now go back to SAVE SLOT A and keep playing through the second playthrough normally

Will this work ?

Do you think this is feasible or completing every side quest and watching all cutscenes during first half would in any case make it impossibile to achieve Lightspeed Figher ?

This has become my favorite game of all time. I would always suggest to just play the game to its fullest. Do all sidequests, collect weapons, and do not worry about the speedrun. I do suggest, after trying to complete the boss speedruns during run B, to wait until C. I also suggest to wait until you finish upgrading 33 weapons for the million coin trophy, after finishing upgrading 33 weapons sell every useless item and you should easily clear a million. Beats fishing for a few hours (what I did like a fool). 

Then after everything, after enjoying the full scope of the story, the additional bits added during each playthrough. Then start an E file on easy in slot 2, go through the game as fast as you can skipping all the cutscenes, after the junk heap boss fight save at the Forest, go into Aerie and fight Hook again, then finish E branch story, if you have to save do not use slot 2, use slot 3, and then when you finish and rescue your deleted D run file, you will boot up file 2 and continue from the Forest to go to the Aerie and fight Hook for the last time. Finally, just go through the game as fast as you can ignoring everything. Should take you less than 6 hours (plus the hour and a half or so before branch E story) so a total of 7 and a half hours. The story is worth investing in it.

• 1 month later...

So, this seems to have been settled, but my two cents:

You have time to screw around a bit before the time skip. Do some quests and whatnot.

In the second half, go ahead and skip some stuff. After all, you have to repeat it anyway, and ending B adds more stuff. I know people might say that the impact of the extra stuff is lessened, but I didn’t see it that way.

When I played this time, I did 15 side quests before the time skip, and also got the Sheep Whisperer. I was at about 7:30. In the second half, I watched a few cut scenes, but didn’t bother with quests or anything (and only used the spear that’s a freebie), and finished at 12:21. I think I could have watched more if I wanted, but again, you’ll see all of this and then some when you replay the second half.

• 2 months later...

A couple of pointers from me who has made a couple of avoidable errors in my platinum run.

1. I finished my first A run in 11 hours for Lightspeed. I ignored all side quests, did not skip cutscenes, and wasn't even super fast.
  2. At very least do the side quests that set you up for planting the garden. I did not, and it will add time to my E run that I could have saved during B, C and D runs.
  3. Weapons you miss during A run in Part 1 are all available in Part 2 of subsequent runs.
  4. BUT be warned that the Faith weapon that you can purchase from the Aerie will not be accessible after a certain point in the game. I realised this too late and have voided my C run.
  5. Money grinding is fastest done in the diary third door (where you play as the older character). $50K, plus 10K XP, plus lots of materials, can do it in circa 15 minutes. Beats fishing by a mile.
Edited by P_Pigly_Hogswine