My Platinum journey (nightmare)

Hello guys, I’ve finally got the platinum and 100% of this game and I’d like to share what I’ve been through to earn it. 

I started this game in late 2017, but I was casual and didn’t mean to plat it. 
Got back to it in 2019 and finished the main story + lab techinician. Back then I thought the multiplayer was too much of a grind so I decided to drop it and move on. 

In 2020 I finally decided to plat it, it shouldn’t be too difficult, right? Plus “these trophies can be boosted” I said to myself.

So I set up a boosting session, got Sacred Land and then I realized... I wasn’t able to connect to anyone anymore. “This session is no longer available” was the error message I kept receiving. I also realized I couldn’t even finish a single match because I was being continuously disconnected from the host. 

So I decided to reach to Ubisoft support and I tried EVERYTHING including port forwarding and creating a DMZ, but nothing worked. I was desperate because there was nothing I could do. 

2021: this platinum kept haunting me, so I thought to give it another chance. Joined another boosting session but got the same stupid error “the session is no longer available”. I was mad. 
I reached Ubisoft support once again to repeat the same recommended actions, but nothing changed. However I was able to play some matches even though inconsistently (most of the times I was being kicked out). 
I kept searching FOR DAYS the last game modes I needed, praying to be able to find some matches and to remain til the end for it to be counted.

I don’t know how, but I did it. I got All Rounder and then I grinded Committed to the Cause in Wolfpack in around 20 hours.

It’s been a nightmare. I still don’t know why I’ve encountered all these problems, but I’m pretty sure the combo Ubisoft servers + online desert, has played a huge role. 

(Sorry for my English)

Good luck if you want to plat this game in 2021 and you haven’t done the multiplayer trophies yet. 

• Like 1

Yes, Ubisoft games tend to be very particular with your NAT type, and having anything other than Type 1 is asking for trouble. Last time I got a new router I remember having to play around with my settings for the better part of a week before I could get it right. Sometimes you can get away with just the host having Type 1, but then you often run into situations where B can connect to A, and C can connect to A, but B and C can't both connect to A at the same time. Monstrously frustrating when you have nearly dead games that need several people to boost, and can barely scrape up the minimum needed to get a lobby together, but then you have to spend 45 minutes trying to figure out connection issues.

• Like 1