Neon - Tips for Trophy

Meteor-Strike-x

With the Defect, one method to get this trophy is to have the following prerequisites:
- the Meteor Strike card

- being able to generate 5 Energy in one turn to cast Meteor Strike (e.g plasma orbs, boss artifacts..) or any other method to reduce its initial cost
- 2 liquid memories potions (found through RNG in shops and rewards)

- Have 3 or less orb slots

Obviously the hardest RNG part here is to gather 2 liquid memories potion in one run but if you do find them you are guaranteed to get this trophy no matter your draw or deck.
From there, you only need to cast your Meteor Strike once, then retrieve & cast this card twice using both potions, for free. This will sum up to 9 plasma orbs in one turn and unlock your trophy.

The alternative solution proposed in other guides is to use a Snecko oil, Hologram and Echo Form along with Meteor Strike but I find it harder to gather all these elements in one run, on top of drawing these cards in the correct order.

Edited by Meteor-Strike-x
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Got this trophy again today as I am replaying the game on a new account and I must admit that it's highly unlikely to pop it through normal play. I started with Sozu (boss swap relic) and was close to restarting after the first boss as the ability to stock up on liquid memories or the duplication potion would make this trophy much easier. However, since I got the Meteor Strike after the first act and was able to remove two strikes (Empty Cage), I decided to keep going. At some point I got another Meteor Strike and a bunch of Holograms that I was able to upgrade, and that gave me some hope that maybe I'd be able to get it. It wasn't, however, until the final boss of Act 3 that it was possible. I ended up with six orbs (against the bird boss) and once I got the plasma orbs going, at some point I was able to play Meteor Strike, then another Meteor Strike, then Hologram and one more time Meteor Strike (probably the double evoke card, too, at some point).

As I said, with any of the two potions or Echo Form it would be much easier. Still, the conditions for this trophy are very specific. That's probably the reason why it's the third rarest trophy in the game, even exceeding Minimalist, which - I guess - is still harder to get.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Just to point out one more way to get this. I tried to went for this 3 times. All these times I got myself an Echoform, but couldn't find an actual Meteor Strike. But since I had a duplication potion I decided to try my luck with an attack potion. After restarting(save&quit) the final fight about 10 times and trying the potion multiple times on different turns. It finally happened.  
Maybe this will help someone to salvage a Neon run. 

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Akrioz said:

Just to point out one more way to get this. I tried to went for this 3 times. All these times I got myself an Echoform, but couldn't find an actual Meteor Strike. But since I had a duplitaion potion I decided to try my luck with an attack potion. After restarting(save&quit) the final fight about 10 times and trying the potion multiple times on different turns. It finally happened.  
Maybe this will help someone to salvage a Neon run. 

Good job! That just illustrates the enormous versatility of this game, where everything can be achieved in a lot of different ways. When it comes to cards from potions, do they re-roll each time you reload your save? I thought they were mostly the same each time (although I admit a couple of times I got different cards after reload, but I have no idea how it works). 

10 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

When it comes to cards from potions, do they re-roll each time you reload your save?

I didn't quite figured it out, but it's either this or different predetermined outcomes for each turn. It was always the same on turn 1, iirc. 

I just completed another run recently and this can be done with a Snecko Eye, Ice Cream Cone relic, a few Charge Batteries and a Metoer Strike. After a few turns you should have almost unlimited energy to pull off multiple Metoer Strikes if you have the card draw or something similar like Seek +.

On 4/22/2022 at 7:58 AM, det_gittes said:

Good job! That just illustrates the enormous versatility of this game, where everything can be achieved in a lot of different ways. When it comes to cards from potions, do they re-roll each time you reload your save? I thought they were mostly the same each time (although I admit a couple of times I got different cards after reload, but I have no idea how it works). 

It amazes me how to deep this game is. After platinum, I still do daily runs and discover something new. I just completed an Unceasing Top run with The Defect: Claws, Go for the Eyes, FTL, etc. I'm around 530 hours in the game and I can see myself reaching a 1,000.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I'm still relatively new to the game, and already had in my mind that this one was gonna be one of the toughest trophies to achieve and it would take me months to get good enough to eventually start trying it. Well, I got it yesterday and it was half-luck and half-prepared. I reached the Act 3 boss (Awakened One, which I would lose to) with a relatively large deck (around 40 cards, I believe) and amongst them I had a Meteor Strike and an Echo Form+, while also having a Nuclear Battery (relic that channels a plasma orb at the start) and a Liquid Memories potion bought right at the last shop. I was hoping I would get lucky enough to pull it off, despite not having any other major energy-generating ways and still hoping to win the battle. Truth be told, RNG didn't want anything to do with my wish, as it almost took me the entire deck to get Echo Form+ and by that time I already had burnt my plasma orb just to stay alive; by that time I almost had given up on that possibility and decided to use my only other potion, a Skill Potion which I decided to turn into a Charge Battery, which I only had another one on the deck and happened to play both on the same turn. With only 2 HP, Echo Form+ finally in play and a Lethal Attack coming up, lady luck decided to show up at the new draw deck shuffle: Meteor Strike was the one card needed for the only spot missed in my hand. I think I still was like a full minute looking at the TV to make sure I was seeing right, then proceeded to play Meteor Strike (twice due to Echo Form) followed by Liquid Memories and again Meteor Strike, all before falling down with a smile and a very hard trophy already in hand. ?

Edited by Migahel
  • Like 2

I got the trophy without Meteor Strike, using Fusion instead. Aimed for keeping my deck as slim as possible, getting card draw (preferebly Skim, but Coolheaded can work too), filling my orb slots with Plasma and then redrawing the Fusion over and over. Exhaust Potion and Hologramm help too.

I find it hard to say if this is easier or harder than Snecko/Meteor Strike, but it definitely needs a lot less exclusive cards and no relic at all. You can find all of this in the first few fights in Act 1 if you're lucky. I just replayed the first act a few times, which is done in 5 to 10 minutes, allowing for a lot more tries if you're just focussing on this one trophy. Took me 15ish tries or so.