Battlefield 4 Issues

Tragedy15

I had the single player crash on me two or three times. Luckily I had already completed the game so it really isn't a huge deal but it sucks that it is happening on a huge budget title like this. Multiplayer has crashed on me once or twice too, I played 4 or 5 games with Kirby and Deth yesterday and didn't have any issues. I haven't had any issues with the multiplayer in a few days but it is certainly happening for other people. 

I read somewhere that a DICE employee admitted that EA forced them to rush the game in order to get it out ahead of CoD: Ghosts. I don't know if it was from a credible source but it certainly makes sense due to all the issues the game is having across all platforms. 

Parker

• Like 1

Ea did push DICE to release before COD, but they did they same thing 2 years ago with BF3 to beat MW3 out of the gate, so they should have anticipated having to launch ahead of COD again and be better prepared.

I had the application fail a few times during campaign, but thankfully I ended up platting it despite the constant crashes. Not sure I want to go back until the game is fixed.

Apparently they got hit with a Denial of service hack on the PC and that has escalated to all platforms.

I have only played MP but I've played long enough to get all the MP trophies. I haven't had any issues EXCEPT double loading (loading into Map A load screen, then get the Map B load screen, so you end up waiting twice as long to get to a match). But maybe thats because I only play Obliteration. One of the guys above said his issue was with Conquest . . .

I have only played MP but I've played long enough to get all the MP trophies. I haven't had any issues EXCEPT double loading (loading into Map A load screen, then get the Map B load screen, so you end up waiting twice as long to get to a match). But maybe thats because I only play Obliteration. One of the guys above said his issue was with Conquest . . .

I've experienced the 'double loading' problem MANY times and I generally stick with Team Death Match for now so it isn't only isolated to Obliteration.  But then again we experienced the same thing in BF3 when joining a server at the tail end of a match so the server switches for the next round while you were still waiting to join the previous battle.  But it does seem to happen to me far more often in BF4 so far.  I guess that could mean that matchmaking is adding me/us to more matches at the end.

And the Conquest problem is rampant.  It will matchmake in seconds but tell you it's joining the server for about 1.5 - 2 minutes.  It won't let you cancel it and ultimately it tells you that you've lost your connection to the server.   Happens 100% of the time for me so I gave up until I read that an available patch fixes it since I don't want to keep wasting 2 minutes waiting to join until I can be fairly certain that it will actually lead to connecting to a server.

And the single player campaign problem seems to be in effect for just about everyone and it seems to be tied mostly to getting an error screen and then the game application crashing.  It corrupts the Profile Data file which contains your 'game save' for campaign.  I discussed my 'so-far-proven' method of working around this until it is fixed here.  Mine is post #14.  

The game clearly was rushed for one reason or another.  This game has more glaring issues than most beta version games I've played and that was with playing for free to help them solve issues.  But having paid $60 for this completely dysfunctional game is aggravating.  Just trying to hang in there and do the best I can until it is completely fixed.  And technically I've paid $110...and if all of the DLC that comes with Premium has this many problems as well then I will feel like I was screwed out of $110.   Sure, they will EVENTUALLY get it working but it really should be, I would say, at least 90% functional at a game's launch.  Sure, there are bound to be some issues but perhaps "glitches" and nothing like the inability to continue a campaign due to file corruption, constant crash interruptions and the inability for almost everyone to log into an entire mode of Multiplayer.  If they rushed to beat CoD then they SUPER failed as Ghosts was still released before BF4.  I'd think it more likely that they tried to rush it to have it as a PS4/XboxOne launch title which is kind of unfortunate because so far PS4 experience has been with a broken-as-all-hell game.   Although my girlfriend has had a much better PS4 experience with Assassin's Creed 4.

And the Conquest problem is rampant.  It will matchmake in seconds but tell you it's joining the server for about 1.5 - 2 minutes.  It won't let you cancel it and ultimately it tells you that you've lost your connection to the server.   Happens 100% of the time for me so I gave up until I read that an available patch fixes it since I don't want to keep wasting 2 minutes waiting to join until I can be fairly certain that it will actually lead to connecting to a server.

When was the last time you tried conquest? Kirby and I played a round together yesterday and I played a few rounds this morning without any issues so it seems like they've fixed whatever problem they had with that.

Parker

• Like 1

It's probably been two days since I tried since I did not want to waste the time in watching the circle spin for two minutes just to tell me that I couldn't connect.  I'd been waiting for a release from EA that the problem has been fixed before trying again which I had not seen but if you (and others) have been successful then I can give it a shot and not feel like I'm definitely going to be wasting time in trying.  And if it is fixed..well..that's one thing down and many to go haha

I had the single player crash on me two or three times. Luckily I had already completed the game so it really isn't a huge deal but it sucks that it is happening on a huge budget title like this. Multiplayer has crashed on me once or twice too, I played 4 or 5 games with Kirby and Deth yesterday and didn't have any issues. I haven't had any issues with the multiplayer in a few days but it is certainly happening for other people. 

I read somewhere that a DICE employee admitted that EA forced them to rush the game in order to get it out ahead of CoD: Ghosts. I don't know if it was from a credible source but it certainly makes sense due to all the issues the game is having across all platforms. 

Parker

Thanks a lot EA :angry: