No one play this game anymore?

It probably has a few more players during sales..

I did it about a year ago (not exactly sure when) and I just left the game searching while doing stuff on my PC or Vita while waiting. Took a few days to get the online done without boosting,  but yes, barely anyone plays this.

I did my search sessions during weekdays from  20:00 to 00:00 GMT+0, and I'm in EU (region may be an issue because of distance, since the connection may not be good enough for the game to pair you with anyone if the only players are way to far).

But if you are in an hurry to get it done, then follow Helyx advice and create a boost session. 

So, I ended up self boosting this with the ps4 of my cousin. There was no one online at any time of the day, and was very easy to start every match all by myself with two accounts. 

I'm not happy to have done it this way, but the psplus subscription of my brother is almost at the expiration date, so I had to get it fast. I hope it will not be flagged, it's the first time I have done something like this, so I don't know if it's allowed.