recover all available gems!

do i really need to collect all 38 gems scattered around stages....or if i miss one or two....can i simply buy the rest from christofer to unlock trophy (high in las vegas?) the answer would really help me...cause i always have my doubts if i miss something in previous chapters...and i would know if it makes any sense to go on without missing gems......(by the way the game is a real gem)

This depends on what difficulty your current playthru is on. Hard and normal would be almost impossible to get all upgrades without farming gems. On easy, you should be safe to miss one or two and still get all upgrades. The plat requires 3 playthrus anyway, so if you fail to get all upgrades you can try again on a different difficulty playthru.

thanx for the answers...that clears my doubts...im on hard difficulty now....i've already beat normal....guess i leave this "all gems" trophy on easy mode....cause i always miss them there and there

Edited by crustaceous

you don't just have to pick up the 38 red gems hidden throughout the game to get the trophy, you also have to upgrade all the weapons and gadgets to the maximum, this will require 80 red gems, but there is a glitch in stage 2- 1 or you can pick up the red gem and use it then quit and pick up the same one again and so on as long as you want otherwise it's impossible to have 80, go to the trophy guide

2 minutes ago, Fulciboy said:

you don't just have to pick up the 38 red gems hidden throughout the game to get the trophy, you also have to upgrade all the weapons and gadgets to the maximum, this will require 80 red gems, but there is a glitch in stage 2- 1 or you can pick up the red gem and use it then quit and pick up the same one again and so on as long as you want otherwise it's impossible to have 80, go to the trophy guide

i think it is actually possible on easy mode...i just needed to know whether i have to pick all 38 gems hidden in stages...or the trophy will still pop up as long as i upgraded everything, farming crystals...thanx for the helping glitch anyway

• 4 weeks later...

I just completed the High in Las Vegas trophy after about 10 years lol.

My recommendations are as follows:

1. Absolutely play on easy, way too expensive otherwise. 45 white gems for 1 red gem. Buy them at every opportunity. I did not waste any white gems during my playthrough on anything other than red gems.

2. Gather as many white gems as possible and get all collectible red gems. I got all collectible red gems, and searched thoroughly for white gems possible. I only just had enough red gems for the trophy. Sooooo.....

3. Where possible farm white gems and red gems. There is a glitch for white gems which gets you 999, but I wasn't aware of it until after completion. I glitched 5 extra red gems, and still only just had enough - see a FAQ for reference on how to do this.

4. I used a rooster teeth walkthrough for the trophy, but there is a red gem missing in part 2 FYI, in the library level. Cross check your sources, because if I didn't I'd be doing another playthrough!

All the best!