Feeling defeated... Returnal Platinum Trophy Journey

JIng1es

Experiencing something similar, albeit much earlier in the trophy chase.  At this point I'm at Act 3 and am stuck on 22% trophy completion and nothing works in terms of getting them to pop.  Extremely disappointing that they don't appear to be too concerned with fixing it.

7 hours ago, JIng1es said:

I have a dilemma. Like so many others I've read, I have ONE trophy which will NOT unlock despite what I try and do. It's the Overgrown Ruins (Biome 1) survey trophy. Of course it is!

For starters, I have a 122 game save where I've collected everything with the exception of scout log 9. The vast majority of that time was spent searching for scout log 9. After literally hundreds of failed runs where I have not been able to get the area to spawn that has scout log 9, I had an idea! I would back up my save and start a BRAND NEW game! Only this time I would make sure I picked up scout log 9. And I did just that. I went through biome 1 and grabbed every scout log (scout log 9 showed up 15 minutes into my new playthrough), every glyph, cypher, etc.. I even went all the way through and beat the entire game again to get the logs from biome 1 that show up when you beat the game. And I even picked up the sunface fragment in biome 1 for good measure. Because... why the heck not at this point!? And I thought SURELY this was a fool proof plan. Think again. I have tried everything there is to get this trophy to unlock and it just won't.

I've tried...

• Clearing PS5 cache
  • Rebuilding PS5 database
  • Deleting game entirely and re-installing
  • Deleting save game and pulling it back down from the cloud
  • Setting the game to start up in "offline" mode and then switching to online when it loads up.
  • Closing it completely out and reloading it.
  • Restarting the cycle
  • Dying in random places
  • ... and so forth

Is there anything I haven't tried at this point?

I'm REALLY hoping that Housemarque release a patch to address this issue. I've tagged them, respectfully, in multiple Twitter posts hoping for even the smallest inkling of "we're working on a fix" but no such news has been released. This was such a phenomenal game that playing all the way back through it wasn't really a chore like I thought it might be initially. The gameplay and environments are amazing! I just wish I could wrap up this game on a good note by finally getting the platinum trophy. 1f615.png

how i understand you.

I have done all that things you mention. Its so frustrating.

In the begining i was praising the game to all my friends, but now all i say to them is "dont buy this".

Its really sad.

18 hours ago, JIng1es said:

All - Thank you to everyone who commented. I FINALLY got the platinum!!! I edited my original post to share more details on my journey and what I did.

Me to.  I FINALLY got the platinum!!!

What a pain. Jesus, One of the best games i ever played, and probably the most frustating game ever,

Just to share my experience with the infamous log 9, i did nothing besides stoped playing for 2 days. then i start the game and first run and 3 blue door, there it was. I almost cry.

• Like 2

I might have the same problem as you. I collected everything in the fourth biome, but the trophy does not unlock. The activity card tells me I have 0% of scout logs. The last collectible I picked up was a scout log. Do I need to start a new game or does anyone have an idea I could try? 

Restarting the game for scout log 9 really is a no-brainer. Had been grinding for a loooong while with no luck. I just deleted my save and started fresh earlier today and got scout log 9 after about 5 runs. And I got some variation of that room on every run so was able to restart the cycle quickly.

Now to beat the game again to get the rest of the biome 1 stuff. If you love this game as much as me, that doesn’t even sound frustrating. Actually excited to replay from scratch knowing the platinum awaits at the end.

This thread is exactly why I decided to wait for a deep sale or for the game to eventually go free on PS Plus. I dont platinum every game these days but good god I would get mad if its because of glitches etc and not due to my inability or lack of time. What a shame because the game sounds great

Congrats to the OP on the well deserved plat for the perseverance!

Edited by abhinandhan22
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 4:22 PM, prosandude69 said:

I might have the same problem as you. I collected everything in the fourth biome, but the trophy does not unlock. The activity card tells me I have 0% of scout logs. The last collectible I picked up was a scout log. Do I need to start a new game or does anyone have an idea I could try? 

Did you get the ciphers, glyphs and beat the "yellow lockdown room" etc. ?