I'm A Scrapman!

AK-18885

Collect 10,000 Scrap 

Those who have the trophy any tips or strats to getting this quicker? 

Thanks.

(I got my trophy so here's my tip -  Set up base between Launch Site and Bandit Camp. At Launch Site there are so many crates and barrels all over the place and they spawn back fairly quick. Any additional junk you get can be taken to Bandit Camp and thrown in the Recycler for more Scrap. Just be careful at Launch Site, because of the many crates there plus the green/red card puzzles you're bound to run into other people.)

Edited by AK-18885

There’s gotta be a trick, one of the guys on the board got the trophy in a few hours.

I’m wondering if you can store say 1,000 in a chest, then just take it out and put it back in over and over.. 

I’m set up next to a recycler and I’m getting like 200-500 scrap a day. I never played the game on PC so I have no clue if there’s a faster way. But based on how long it’s taking with, what I assume is the standard method, it’s going to take another week or two.

Yeah another method I was thinking of was having a friend drop the same scrap over and over again to you or killing him and looting the scrap over and over.

I'll test this out with a friend in the next few days.

(unfortunately does not work, either picking up same scrap or looting same scrap)

Edited by AK-18885
additional info

It might be just me, but I feel like the tracking for this one is off... I had 7500 scrap saved at one point, and I’ve bought a number of blueprints, so I’m having a hard time believing I haven’t collected 10k yet

Hi, i need 10 000 scrap in total (cumulative)? Or i need 10 000 scrap at same time in my inventory/chest? Thanks!

EDIT: For others, i have this trophy. Its cumulative. You dont need 10 000 scrap at same time. :-) 

Edited by KrekCZ
  • Like 1

This trophy has to be glitched.....

I have personally acquired over 10k scrap on two different servers. The second time I collected every piece via barrels, crates, and recycler trips. I did not kill one person my entire run. I have submitted two tickets to the developers, with not so much as an acknowledgment. 

This is extremely frustrating at is my last trophy for Platinum. If anyone else is having the same issue or has a workaround I'd love to hear them.

Edited by buck2159

It’s certainly bugged.. it seems to unlock fine when you hit whatever number it’s actually tracking.. because a few friends have it.. but it’s definitely not 10,000 ?

I had 10k in my inventory today and still no trophy. 

However I did steal 2400 of that. So I’m wondering if it only counts if you personally find it in a barrel, or get it from a recycler or from trading.

On 07/06/2021 at 1:18 AM, buck2159 said:

This trophy has to be glitched.....

I have personally acquired over 10k scrap on two different servers. The second time I collected every piece via barrels, crates, and recycler trips. I did not kill one person my entire run. I have submitted two tickets to the developers, with not so much as an acknowledgment. 

This is extremely frustrating at is my last trophy for Platinum. If anyone else is having the same issue or has a workaround I'd love to hear them.

I have same issue for site, i acquired over 10k for sure, but doesn't pop.

Edited by thaiiisz

Hey guys. Im in 31 place to have that platinum popped now. To be honest, it didnt feel like the trophy is bugged. At least 10k is a lot, and every barrel / box will give you 2/5 scrap. 

I found out, that the best way to obtain the trophy is, to have a team, which gathers everything that has to be scrapped in a box for you and you are going to scrap that stuff for the team. So it needs 1000 of those gear like items, as far you would never knock a barrel down. That can be done with 2-4 people in a few days easily.

At all, it takes a while, but is fair for a game, that needs you to grind stuff anyways. Just imagine a trophy like taking the warchopper down with rockets. ;-)

Cheers

Edited by Verwegenheit

Just an update: 

I played with the guy who got first plat in the world (without cheating).... him and another guy both got the trophy without issues.

Myself and multiple others ( from here, Twitter, PSN) have all had it bug out. I’ve personally collected 30k across two servers and it won’t pop. 

One theory is tracking is extremely broken, another is the game crashed as the trophy requirement was met. 

Still no acknowledgement of my tickets to the dev.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got the trophy, and as a result, the platinum. 

As far as I can tell, gambling in the bandit camp doesn’t count towards the trophy. 

The only things that count are: 

Collecting scrap from crates and barrels.

Scrapping items.

Selling items to vendors/vending machines. in the outpost or bandit camp.

I was averaging about 1,500-3,000 scrap a session the past two days via the following two methods.

1.  Collecting High Quality Metal from the mine. Each bar of it can be sold to the bandit camp for 3 scrap. 

2. I was also offering people scrap at the recycler in the bandit camp, to allow me to scrap their items. If you can convince people to trust you this could be the fastest way..

I sat by the recycler with 4k scrap in my inventory. Then when people came to scrap items, I told them if they let me scrap the items for them, I’d give them all the scrap and resources from those items, and then double up that scrap from my own pocket. After a while I had about 6 people coming regularly with scrap. 

Edited by GizMo_The_Great

• 1 month later...

This is 100% glitched. There is no chance I don’t have 10,000 scrap yet. As a solo who only goes after barrels and recycles, I have almost every blue print and over 100 hrs played. I’ve had multiple scrap runs of 750+ scrap off one run. Built countless level 2 and level 3 work benches. Incredibly frustrating. I just want to delete this game already

38 minutes ago, DaBallocaust said:

This is 100% glitched. There is no chance I don’t have 10,000 scrap yet. As a solo who only goes after barrels and recycles, I have almost every blue print and over 100 hrs played. I’ve had multiple scrap runs of 750+ scrap off one run. Built countless level 2 and level 3 work benches. Incredibly frustrating. I just want to delete this game already

There are loads of problems with the game, especially including this trophy. However, since there are so many other issues, trophies will not be priority.

It is definitely glitched as I did launch site fully, as a solo, 6-8 times a day. I averaged 2-3k scrap a day for nearly 2 weeks and it did not pop up. Currently the game is deleted from my console and am also waiting for a fix. 

• 8 months later...

Hello I just got this trophy with the respective platinum and I would like to comment my experience since I did it alone.
I relied on comments from various users, my way of farming was as follows: 
Find a server with few players (Max 60) , and you have to take into account the restart of servers because I believe that when they are restarted the progress is erased
2.Look at the map and look for a route between bandit camp and outpost , I made myself a very small house so that it would not attract attention and to be able to save some collection tools and radioactive suits .
3. In both places you can recycle , in bandit camp you can sell items , black gas tanks , metal fragments , quality metal , etc , then when you go back to outpost you recycle again and with the scrap you buy pipes and recycle them again as they give quality metal , then you go back to bandit camp , recycle and sell the items again , between routes you get 200-300 scrap at least where I got it.
4. In my opinion this trophy is not glitch simply must take into account certain factors , no one gave me scrap and I did not steal bodies just , I played on three different servers , when the restart happened I switched to the last server and the other cumulative trophies if jumped without problem , but " i am scrapman trophy " no, and that is why the restart of servers , I have been on this server about 5 days farming scrap exclusively and today has finally pop it. Good luck guys and do not give up no matter how long it takes.
Sorry for my english , I tried to express it as best as I can.

Edited by huebrin18

• 1 year later...

For those curious about the "I'm A Scrapman" trophy and if it is "Glitched". Some of you may know me for writing the Trophy Guide and holding the 1st & Fastest plat at one point in time. This is how we popped the trophy for someone who had it completely glitched/bugged/unobtainable.

I can confirm, it is NOT glitched!!! I started this game launch day, one of the 1st players to be able to join the servers while they were in horrible condition. I had a 4 man team, after hours of trial and error restarting the application, I started the Rust Console journey while I waited for them to join in. I fortunately did not have as many blue screen application errors as they did which gave me a strong lead in gathering resources and materials. We started this game together in hopes to be the 1st players to obtain the platinum trophy. Luckily I was able to obtain that 1st place position and held it for months until MrPresident connected his account to PSNProfiles pushing me down the leaderboard. (Congratz again MrPresident!!!)

While waiting for my teammates to finish popping the trophies they needed to obtain the platinum, I went ahead and started gathering scrapable items and filling up large boxes with them. One by One my teammates popped the scrap trophy by taking the recyclable scrap items to the bandit camp recycler and waiting to collect the scrap. Except for my good friend Buck2159... Some of you may have seen his postings and comments the past few years explaining how the trophy was glitched for him and was not popping after multiple attempts at the 10k scrap. I can confirm that EVERY SINGLE UPDATE that was released for this game, we attempted the trophy again... No luck.

We almost gave up. After multiple attempts to contact Double Eleven, they finally only would reply that the trophy not popping would be an issue on Playstation Networks side. After contacting Playstation they told us that the issue was on Double Elevens side... So with both companies blaming each other, we lost hope.

We had tried almost everything!!! We didn't know what to do and started digging the internet for 1 last hope of new information. Thats when we saw a comment asking if it was possible that it needed to be scrap picked up off the ground from barrels ONLY!.... That was something we had never tried and even though we knew that was going to be the absolute LONGEST method to obtain 10k scrap, we had no options left. We joined a low pop official playstation server and immediately worked our way towards Outpost breaking all barrels and opening all boxes to collect scrap on the way. We both obtained enough scrap for a Jackhammer and started following the roads sticking together. We would come across cars and garbage piles with barrels around them, we would use our Jackhammers to quickly break the barrels but only he would pick up the scrap, making things just slightly quicker for him.

After hours and hours of this... His trophy popped!!! You can look up his PSNProfiles account and see the time difference between his trophies. Obtaining every trophy but the platinum and scrap trophies the 1st month the game was released and the Platinum and I'm A Scrapman trophies years later! 

I write this to explain the journey we went through, all of the trials and errors, what didn't work and what finally worked! Our final determination as to why some people have a problem with this trophy popping is as follows: We believe while this game was still in a new state and having a lot of blue screen errors, It is highly possible and most probable that the trophy attempted to pop while an error was occurring. Potentially causing the game to register as collecting the 10k scrap already without actually popping the trophy on PSN's side. 

I hope this helps, I know it is not an easy method of obtaining the trophy but it seems to be the only way of fixing the issue as of right now if you have tried everything else! Happy Hunting!! 🙂

• Like 1