Hand and Land collectibles

ShadowWalsh

Not sure why we don’t have a very basic thread for this, so I’ll ask it instead:

where is/what is the best way, to farm 8000 collectibles, and what is the quickest way to craft 5000 collectibles. Looking to grind these out, the gathering seems to be a much bigger issue.

• 5 months later...
On 5/31/2021 at 4:16 AM, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

Can someone explain me the crafting in ishgard?

The Ishgard thing is only available after you defeat (spoiler) and complete the quest "A Litany of Peace' which is the end of patch 3.3. Then there is a poster near the main aetheryte which is a quest that leads to access of the Firmament, a separate area. There are a few videos but I'll link to a guide to Isghardian Restoration.

• Like 1

Here's my secret for getting 5000 crafted collectibles without losing your sanity. You can buy the Skybuilders' materials for very cheap now(I got 99 Approved Grade 4 Skybuilders' Switches for under 5,000 gil on the marketboard) and other than the Acidic Secretions for Grade 4 Skybuilders' Ink and Aldgoat Skin for Grade 4 Skybuilders' Leather, the secondary material can easily be bought in various guild suppliers - iron ore from the Armorer's Guild in Limsa and both Armorer and Goldsmith need it for their Grade 4 Skybuilders' recipe.

I am talking about the Level 20 craft, not the others. The level 20 craft is the cheapest to mass produce due to only needing 5 Approved Grade 4 Skybuilders' items for every one piece of secondary material, the others require three or even FOUR ingredients and the Level 80 ones require all rare Skybuilders' items that are super-expensive on the marketboard. Stick with the Level 20 craft.

Buy 1000 of the Approved Grade 4 stuff and 200 of the secondary material, then make this crafting macro. You will need a Level 70 or higher crafter to get the required actions and be kitted with Handking's gear(which can be exchanged for scrips in Rhalgar's Reach) to have the stats to make this macro work.

/ac "Reflect" <wait.3>

/ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>

/ac "Basic Synthesis" <wait.3>

This will allow you to auto-craft the Level 20 Grade 4 Skybuilders' item in eight seconds, meaning you can just spam the macro over and over until you fill your inventory with collectibles. Then go to the Firmament, talk to the collectible appraiser and turn in those crafts for 150,000 EXP for your relevant crafter as well as 15 skybuilders' scrips for each collectible turned in. Rinse and repeat until you run out of materials(or shards - each collectible costs two shards of two elements - shards are a bit pricey on the marketboard so you may need to go out and chop a few trees or rocks in early game areas to get them, or hire a botany/mining retainer to collect tons of the needed shards in ventures) and you will have advanced 200 collectibles towards the trophy. You need to do this 25 times but it's faster than other methods, and it got all my crafters to Level 78 except for three I had already got to 80 earlier by the Crystalline Mean quests and got me two of the 8400 skybuilder scrip mounts which I flipped for over 900,000 gil to pay back all of the marketboard trips I made. :)

You can do this with lower-level crafters but the macros will need to be larger because you won't have the proper actions and the weaker actions take more CP and time. You need to be a minimum of Level 20 to make the crafts but the experience you get will shoot them up 50 levels with all the stuff you are making and, as I said, as of now, Approved Grade 4 Skybuilders' stuff is cheap right now. Also, slower macros means you can just AFK longer and multi-task other games or watch movies on Netflix while briefly pausing to restart the macro. xD

Edited by winter_bird_22
  • Like 1