Tips And Clarifying Misinformation On The Platinum

Kazduin

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Make sure you do the side missions (Firetruck, Paramedic and Vigilante) on the first island before you complete the story missions there. If you try to go back and do them you will find that the Mafia will be a lot more dangerous as they hold shotguns, which seem to automatically destroy the vehicles you're driving. It was so difficult I was forced to start a new playthrough from scratch in order to do those side missions safely.

You don't have to worry about the Taxi too much, as you can get 100 fares on any island and that will still count towards 100 percent completion.

Good tip! I also forgot to mention I read in a guide you have to do the vigilante mission level 20 on all three islands for it to count and that simply isn’t true. Once you get the trophy for killing 20 criminals in a row, all you have to do is kill 20 criminals on each island for it to count for 100% completion.

• 1 month later...

A tip I can add.. in Portland , I made the mistake of doing the final rampage there after all the Portland missions (in fact I was up to the 3rd island), and was being shot gunned to death instantaneously. So I spawned in a rhino and ran them all over. They weren't going to shotgun that and destroy me.. 

rampage 6: kill 20 mafia in 120 seconds. 

Edited by JWill_55
  • Like 1

Hey these are some great tips.

If I could think of one off the top of my head. I found it a great idea to get as many hidden packages as you can whenever you reach a new area.

Otherwise while you're trying to pick up stuff you'll often suddenly start getting into random fights/shot at gangsters getting in your way.

Some of those hidden packages were annoying to get. The game mechanics definitely didn't age well. A lot of clunky movement, enemies can kill you in a couple quick seconds if you're not careful.

We have definitely been spoiled by modern gaming.

• Like 3