Paragon issue/question

So I just started up mass effect 2 after beating the first last week and I am reading that if I import my character from the first, a chunk of paragon is suppose to show up if I played as paragon Shepard. Well I got to where I meet the illusive man and I still don’t see any sort of paragon benefit from playing the first game full paragon. Any idea what the issue may be? Was I suppose to watch the comic that they asked me to watch? I had already imported my Shepard and it seems like my paragon didn’t fill at all like I have heard. 

I was also level 55 in one and now I’m level 2. I thought I get benefits for importing apart from the story choices.

I think its abit misleading. I've imported 2 characters thus far 1 paragon the other renegade, the wiki says this:

A portion of the character's Paragon/Renegade points (up to 190 each, which requires the bar(s) to be 50% full

You only get the 190 points which is like 1 full bar then a little bit extra into the 2nd bar (And watching the comic thing has now effect as i watched it on one charatcer and not the other and had the amount of bars filled)

as far level my imports were level 54 and i start at level 4 so don't understand how your lower.

Just remember to add points into the skill that adds to your paragon/renegade scores and get it fully upgraded especially if you want to pass the hard loyalty checks that come up later in the game between certain crew members.

2 hours ago, KAdamsy1 said:

I think its abit misleading. I've imported 2 characters thus far 1 paragon the other renegade, the wiki says this:

A portion of the character's Paragon/Renegade points (up to 190 each, which requires the bar(s) to be 50% full

You only get the 190 points which is like 1 full bar then a little bit extra into the 2nd bar (And watching the comic thing has now effect as i watched it on one charatcer and not the other and had the amount of bars filled)

as far level my imports were level 54 and i start at level 4 so don't understand how your lower.

Just remember to add points into the skill that adds to your paragon/renegade scores and get it fully upgraded especially if you want to pass the hard loyalty checks that come up later in the game between certain crew members.

What skill is is? Cause i don’t wanna lose anyone in my play through and I was counting on the paragon boost. 

2 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

You need to be a higher level for the full benefits. I was level 57 in ME  and got the 190 plus a million credits too. Started at level 4 iirc.

That’s weird. The person above you said they were a lower level than me and started at level 4. Maybe I’m missing something. I’m gonna restart and see what’s up. 

2 hours ago, xCaptainArcanine said:

What skill is is? Cause i don’t wanna lose anyone in my play through and I was counting on the paragon boost. 

That’s weird. The person above you said they were a lower level than me and started at level 4. Maybe I’m missing something. I’m gonna restart and see what’s up. 

I can't speak to their level and import experience but I can add that I used the new legendary level system. I made it to level 29 needing 200k more for the max level 30. My import save said I was level 57, I'm guessing it is based off total  XP.

The skill referenced above I think has a different title depending on what class you are. It increases health, damage, and paragon/ renegade points. Just read the description and it will be there.

On 6/6/2021 at 9:19 PM, da-Noob123 said:

I can't speak to their level and import experience but I can add that I used the new legendary level system. I made it to level 29 needing 200k more for the max level 30. My import save said I was level 57, I'm guessing it is based off total  XP.

The skill referenced above I think has a different title depending on what class you are. It increases health, damage, and paragon/ renegade points. Just read the description and it will be there.

So if anyone cares I figured it out. I just restarted and made sure I chose the import option and then I watched the comic and got everything my as soon as I loaded in. This game may just be as glitchy as the first one so unfortunately if stuff doesn’t trigger, toy may need to start over. 

5 hours ago, xCaptainArcanine said:

So if anyone cares I figured it out. I just restarted and made sure I chose the import option and then I watched the comic and got everything my as soon as I loaded in. This game may just be as glitchy as the first one so unfortunately if stuff doesn’t trigger, toy may need to start over. 

Hopefully patch 1.03 fixes some of this. Been looking at ME3's forum and it has some buggy trophies. Fingers crossed that it is resolved by the time we get to it lol.

11 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Hopefully patch 1.03 fixes some of this. Been looking at ME3's forum and it has some buggy trophies. Fingers crossed that it is resolved by the time we get to it lol.

ME3 had no bugged trophies. Not for me.

Everything registered fine.

The only "buggy" one is Master and Commander. Which just changes its value required to unlock if you carry over ...

ME3 without import: 4000-4500 War Assets

ME3 with Import: 6400-7500 War Assets with most unlocking after Rannoch/or talking to Admiral on the Normandy.

other than that sometimes a combo may not register, but thats debated. All i can say for those is once you find a spot and get 3+ tech/bio/skill kills, reload. rinse. repeat. 

i got plat in 2 days. nothing glitched or bugged out.

Edited by Infected Elite

15 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

ME3 had no bugged trophies. Not for me.

Everything registered fine.

The only "buggy" one is Master and Commander. Which just changes its value required to unlock if you carry over ...

ME3 without import: 4000-4500 War Assets

ME3 with Import: 6400-7500 War Assets with most unlocking after Rannoch/or talking to Admiral on the Normandy.

other than that sometimes a combo may not register, but thats debated. All i can say for those is once you find a spot and get 3+ tech/bio/skill kills, reload. rinse. repeat. 

i got plat in 2 days. nothing glitched or bugged out.

That's good advice because most of the trophies people were talking about were power ones like burn x number of enemies. From what I have read, some people like you had no issues but others had to start another run with a different class for certain powers to be used specifically by Shepherd since squadmates were not counting. 

4 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

That's good advice because most of the trophies people were talking about were power ones like burn x number of enemies. From what I have read, some people like you had no issues but others had to start another run with a different class for certain powers to be used specifically by Shepherd since squadmates were not counting. 

Are you talking 3 at this point? Cause from what I know about the assets, part of the assets were smaller because of the dlc or an update in the older game so you needed less. Idk why importing would make it more when the dlc is still present 

19 minutes ago, xCaptainArcanine said:

Are you talking 3 at this point? Cause from what I know about the assets, part of the assets were smaller because of the dlc or an update in the older game so you needed less. Idk why importing would make it more when the dlc is still present 

Infected Elite brought up the assets but to my understanding in regards to the assets, if you use an import the total possible assets goes up. So let's use example numbers. ME3 (with the DLC) NG without an import has say 5,000 total assets available, however,  if you import a character on NG the total possible assets increase to 7,000 because you brought in 2,000 with your save import. This change in total possible assets affects how much is needed for the corresponding assets trophy.