Battlefield MP turning into FIFA UT?

Asuka Langley

You earn battlepacks at incremented levels achieved as you play.  However, there are other ways to earn some.  I bought the official game guide which gave me a free gold battlepack, my girlfriend bought me an Axe shower assortment pack which gave me a code for another.  I bought a bunch of Slim Jims and each one had a code that you enter for a point.  3 points for gold, 2 points for silver, 1 point for bronze, 1 point for a 25%XP booster and 1 point for a $5 off Origin coupon.

These items are ones that I was likely to have bought anyway so I got free battlepacks out of it as well.  Honestly..if there were an option to purchase them I am not sure that I would because you never know what weapons the attachments that you receive will be for.  You can't go after specific camos. And the like.

They do not give you much of a 'boost' to your performance per-say except that you may unlock attachments that you prefer.  But different attachments/add-ons will be useful for different gamers depending upon their/your style of play.  So it's not really that possible that someone could go out, spend a ton more money than most people are able to spend and unlock god-like weapons.  Battlepacks that you earn through purchasing stuff that you normally purchase anyway is a nice incentive.  But the fact still remains that the more that you use a particular set of weapons, the more goods you will unlock for that weapon.

Battlepacks, Bronze, Silver, Gold.

FUT Packs, Bronze, Silver, Gold.

You have to pay for both I assume, but I just don't see what EA is playing at anymore, I'm aware they want money for projects and being a rich business but this is taking it too far, way too far.

What are your thoughts?

You know what they say about assuming... 

Parker