Error NP-31839-4

I've been getting this error all day today,the game does not crash but i've been trying to win a race and every 2 seconds this message comes up. Anyone else experiencing this?

The nightmare difficulty trophy won't pop either (since this trophy is glitched the guide says to win a race,which i do but it still won't pop.) I also noticed that after winning the race my score doesn't appear at all in the board.

Not sure what to tell you, but this game is notoriously glitchy. I played this on PS3 when it was free on PS Plus, and had a game breaking bug right near the end and couldn't even finish the game.

I'm not finding anything for that particular error code, not even on the PSDEV wiki. Generally NP errors are network related however, so perhaps try taking your console offline and see if the issue persists? It's a shot in the dark, but there have been weird cases before where certain games have issues when connected to PSN/the internet.

Edit: Nevermind, after digging a bit more, I did find some info on that exact error code, but all it gives me is "SCE_NP_COMMUNITY_SERVER_ERROR_GAME_RANKING_NOT_FOUND". So assuming the races have some kind of online ranking system (I honestly don't remember), it seems like it's having difficulty connecting to it for whatever reason. May have nothing to do with your trophy not popping unfortunately.

Edited by SuperSmexy500