Making this incase it's happened to anyone else and maybe we can find a pattern... my saved data disappeared. I'd completed 5 of the 6 cases, clicked on the 6th to get it started, clicked the manual 'save' in the pause menu, quit the game. Returned after lunch, and none of the cases show any progress. Of course my ps4 helpfully uploaded my latest save to the cloud so I can't recover.

I don't know what broke it - clicking the manual save? Doing so after just starting case 6? All I know is I have to redo everything -_- It's gone. Sigh. Guess I'll use the walkthrough this time...

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

The exact same thing just happened to me :(. I was right near the end of Case 6 when the Dooley mascot section bugged out and wouldn't let me complete it so I saved and quit, closed the app, backed up my saves to the Cloud, then reloaded the game, only to find all 6 cases had been wiped clean ?. Fortunately I had another backup from the start of Case 5 but that means I've lost over an hour's worth of progress.

Don't buy this buggy, broken POS game - get something else instead!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This has just happened to me as well. I didn't mess with manual save at all given that the game automatically saves at each screen. Left the game yesterday and now it's all been wiped clean. Only the first two cases (base game and dlc) are available, as if I had never played it. I'll redo the cases with a walkthrough hoping that it won't happen. Backup your saves! Bad move from dev Spooky Doorway, though.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nufis_K said:

This has just happened to me as well. I didn't mess with manual save at all given that the game automatically saves at each screen. Left the game yesterday and now it's all been wiped clean. Only the first two cases (base game and dlc) are available, as if I had never played it. I'll redo the cases with a walkthrough hoping that it won't happen. Backup your saves! Bad move from dev Spooky Doorway, though.

After this debacle, I'm never buying another one of their games. Case 6 is completely borked and will wipe your save if you quit the game after starting it so make sure you back up your saves after completing Case 5.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2022 at 4:40 PM, HuntingFever said:

After this debacle, I'm never buying another one of their games. Case 6 is completely borked and will wipe your save if you quit the game after starting it so make sure you back up your saves after completing Case 5.

Same here. Game is a bug-ridden mess. Had to re-complete several sections of the Ghost of XMas DLC over and over again because several scenes became bugged. The squirrel kept re-appearing in the Room, repeating the same thing each time he'd bounce away up the stairs. The Grim Reaper would stand up but then he wouldn't follow you and you'd have to re-initiate his dialogue several times to make him finally follow you. One time I dropped the Broken Drum next to an NPC for a quest and it did not progress to the next scene where they play music together, had to start over entirely. When the worm falls sometimes the dialogue will happen before the animation happens.

Had some similar problems with the first game but not as many as this sequel. I'd stay far away from it; was actually frustrating instead of a fun experience. I don't think the game reacts well to attempting the Circle button when in a cut scene or dialogue, I think that's where a lot of the bugs stemmed from. It's like you could hit the button multiple times for a single input and initiate the action several times, like ringing the elevator buzzer over and over before the animation kicks in. I dunno, slowing down helps, but it's a mess.

• Like 1