How do you get these badges?

Myself and a friend are trying to get the 150 unique badges trophy, despite looking at the trophy guide we still have no idea how to do it. Can anyone offer any advice on how to get the following badges;

Bronze Badges

1. Choosing Battles 

2. Iron Heart

3. Crusher 

4. Burster

Silver Badges

1. Overcoming Weakness

2. Indestrucible

3. Full Fledged War

I can give you some insight about them, if I remember correctly:

Bronze Badges

1. Choosing Battles - didn't get this medal, basically you need to defeat an enemy that you have the best win ratio against, checked in the R-Code under "Result by opponent".

I believe that if you defeated Ky Kiske 100 times (your friend's account), if I battle you as Ky Kiske and you win, you will get this badge. Again, not sure.

2. Iron Heart - Won a round with a wake-up Special attack with no remaining HP. Basically after you get knocked down and both of you have a pixel of HP left, you must mash DP right when you wake up to defeat the opponent. You need to win a ROUND (not sure if the match applies)

E.G. Make Ky knock you down with down+dust, then mash DP as Sol (either S or HS button). You should get this badge, it's quite tricky.

3. Crusher - Counter hit the opponent with a Burst Overdrive in combat. Basically when the opponent is about to hit you, use the Overdrive done with the Dust button. You must have a full Burst bar and 50% tension for this. You need to get the COUNTER message to be sure that it lands.

E.g. When Ky is doing a DP on you and whiffs(whichever you feel more comfortable to counter-hit), do a Tyrant rave as Sol .

4. Burster - same as Crusher, but use regular Burst. It works only when the enemy uses a regular attack or DP and whiffs.

If hit correctly, you'll get a Counter message and 100% Tension.

Silver Badges

1. Overcoming Weakness - the opposite of Iron Heart. If you get demolished by Ky kiske 100 times, you must win once against him to unlock it. Not sure what triggers this.

2. Indestrucible - Used Faultless defense to block an opponent's attack with no HP remaining. Block an Overdrive attack when you have 1% HP or something with your Faultless Defense (hold down back and 2 attack buttons, you will have that green aura around you). It uses up Tension, so make sure you have at least 50% to be safe.

Faultless defense prevents chip damage.

3. Full Fledged War - Both you and your opponent were visually beat up in a match. Basically land a couple of Burst Overdrives and regular overdrives on each other until you look beat up (with scars, dirty clothes etc). Also I believe it's activated once you knock down your opponent 10 times or so.

DP is the uppercut, it's ➡️⬇️↘️ + S or HS button. 

Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

I can give you some insight about them, if I remember correctly:

Bronze Badges

1. Choosing Battles - didn't get this medal, basically you need to defeat an enemy that you have the best win ratio against, checked in the R-Code under "Result by opponent".

I believe that if you defeated Ky Kiske 100 times (your friend's account), if I battle you as Ky Kiske and you win, you will get this badge. Again, not sure.

2. Iron Heart - Won a round with a wake-up Special attack with no remaining HP. Basically after you get knocked down and both of you have a pixel of HP left, you must mash DP right when you wake up to defeat the opponent. You need to win a ROUND (not sure if the match applies)

E.G. Make Ky knock you down with down+dust, then mash DP as Sol (either S or HS button). You should get this badge, it's quite tricky.

3. Crusher - Counter hit the opponent with a Burst Overdrive in combat. Basically when the opponent is about to hit you, use the Overdrive done with the Dust button. You must have a full Burst bar and 50% tension for this. You need to get the COUNTER message to be sure that it lands.

E.g. When Ky is doing a DP on you and whiffs(whichever you feel more comfortable to counter-hit), do a Tyrant rave as Sol .

4. Burster - same as Crusher, but use regular Burst. It works only when the enemy uses a regular attack or DP and whiffs.

If hit correctly, you'll get a Counter message and 100% Tension.

Silver Badges

1. Overcoming Weakness - the opposite of Iron Heart. If you get demolished by Ky kiske 100 times, you must win once against him to unlock it. Not sure what triggers this.

2. Indestrucible - Used Faultless defense to block an opponent's attack with no HP remaining. Block an Overdrive attack when you have 1% HP or something with your Faultless Defense (hold down back and 2 attack buttons, you will have that green aura around you). It uses up Tension, so make sure you have at least 50% to be safe.

Faultless defense prevents chip damage.

3. Full Fledged War - Both you and your opponent were visually beat up in a match. Basically land a couple of Burst Overdrives and regular overdrives on each other until you look beat up (with scars, dirty clothes etc). Also I believe it's activated once you knock down your opponent 10 times or so.

DP is the uppercut, it's 27a1.png2b07.png2198.png + S or HS button. 

Hope this helps! 

Me and a friend will try this next weekend. We tried fully fledged war by constantly using a super from Jack-O but the badge never unlocked. This trophy is without question the hardest trophy in the game.

14 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Me and a friend will try this next weekend. We tried fully fledged war by constantly using a super from Jack-O but the badge never unlocked. This trophy is without question the hardest trophy in the game.

Did a visual representation too. What you were doing wrong (and nobody on the internet mentions it, wtf Guilty Gear players xD ) is that you weren't doing the Burst version of the Overdrive. That one is getting you visually beat up.

In my video if you can see, after I use the burst version (just use the Dust button instead of the regular attack, it's default R1 I believe), I got both Jack-O and Sol with messy clothes.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...