Having a hard time with the plat

lumphy101

• 3 months later...

Here's a few hints:

Eggmanland is frustating you to death? Yeah, it's like that. The only hints you can take is learning how to take the fastest route in the first Hedgehog Section and pausing when doing ramp comands and seeing through the menu.

Dont level the Hedgehog's speed up, start with the Werehog, when he's done fill the hedgehog's boost gauge. Moar speed means he'll get even harder to control, makes cheap deaths even more frequent.

If you need to pass Eggmanland Stage, don't. Go play the rest of the game first, get personal experience then come back.

Play a day stage (no sweat, just play it normally, don't go running after secrets, try to get the best score you can but don't restart nor sacrifice any lives) > Complete the Enemie Mission > Complete the Time Mission/Ring Mission (whichever one feels the easiest > Complete the other missions > Play the stage again (you're going to notice how easy that Srank got) > Try to hunt all medals. (Save the collectibles for post game).

If you've done the above stuff in anywhere past Shamar and found it easy you might survive Eggmanland.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Out of my 64 plats, I would have to say this is my 2nd/3rd hardest one. 

Eggmanland takes SO much practice. You need a lot of practice and patience in order to succeed, especially in the tightrope and the glitchy bobsled sections. Once you learn the right way to go, it gets a lot easier. For the Hotdog challenges, you need to complete it 3 times without dying, it took me around 10 hours (60 attempts) to complete it the first time, then only around 5 times more to do it the 2nd time, and then the 3rd time... fuck me... I did it the time straight after I did it the 2nd time. 

On the tightrope part, VERY gently push the stick forward to move, jump if you have to, but never jump and turn at the same time. Sorry, I can't give much help, it's nearly a year ago since I got the plat. Just learn the track, take your time (because time is never an issue during the challenges) and you'll be alright.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I played this game so many times in the past, including the Wii version and managed to get S rank in all of the stages when I like 8 or 9. I still don't know how 9 year old me managed to pull this off. The Wii version is probably a bit easier I guess but still. 

• 3 years later...

As long as you know the layout of the levels from head to toe, then you'll be fine. Just make sure to avoid levelling daytime Sonic to make Eggmanland less of a hassle. Oh, and use the Chun-nan rings glitch to max out your status faster. Good luck! 

Edited by Lakerupt
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...