Minimalist Guide to get all trophies in One Playthrough with a Cleverly Placed backup save

KyonKuchiki

I just platinumed this game, and found the perfect place to make a backup save to where you can get all the trophies. This is definitely just for people that don't care about story whatsoever, and there are slight spoilers moving forward.

Treat the game like you're doing a silent protagonist playthrough. Since the game autosaves on every screen transition, go ahead and slap Ren in the beginning during the 'Truth or Slap' game to get that out of the way, but then go ahead and reload the save to maintain the silent playthrough. Make sure you fail the Army RCS exam when the time comes, and then after you get the Key Radios on Main Street, go ahead and get all the collectibles in the game (the Adler letters and Anomalies) to get those trophies. Once you've collected them all, go ahead and go to the Adler estate. Once you're on the Adler estate, go ahead and quit, and make a backup save there. From there, finish up the Silent Protagonist playthrough, which will unlock House is Clear, Thicker than Water, and You'd Just End up Hating Each Other trophies. Also when you're on the way back from Bridge Stand to the bomb shelter, make sure to take the upper path through Towhee Woods so you can jump across the chasm for that trophy.

Reload the backup save, and this time, make sure you when you're searching Adler Estate, you talk to Nona to encourage her about Ren. Then the only other change we're going to do is on Bridge Stand, before you get out of the time loop, talk to her and tell her that Ren knows she likes him, and then go ahead and beat the game, and that should earn you the Matchmaker trophy.

Finally, reload the backup save yet again, and make sure you do all the choices to make Jonas and the rest hate you. Basically if you fail finding the objects in Adler's Estate during that ghost game, accept the deal to turn over Clarissa, tell everyone that you're turning over Clarissa, as well as make sure Jonas doesn't talk to his mom, that should get everyone's hate points for you high enough. Also at the end, just do the radio sequences as fast as possible, as well as tell Michael he should leave, and at the end of this playthrough, you should hopefully have Firestarter and the Platinum.

Edited by KyonKuchiki
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I admire your dedication! Though the game is so short I wonder how much faster this even is, lmao. You're also kind of missing out on the extra content your second/third playthrough adds, but hey, well done still.

Thanks. Actually I did my first playthrough blind, picking what I thought was all the 'nice' options, but still missed out on Matchmaker. Then I looked at a trophy guide proper and saw that I was supposed to get the Matchmaker trophy during my 'nice' playthrough, and that Firestarter and Silence was what made it necessary for three playthroughs, and lamented doing a 4th whole playthrough. I looked up what triggers actually made Nona and Ren get together which was making them both wait at the tower together (which happens automatically in the silent playthrough), speaking to Nona about Ren at Adler's, and finally telling Nona that Ren knows she likes him on Bridge Stand. I made a backup save at Adler's after silencing everything else to test that, and it worked perfectly. I saw based on the endings that everyone was more or less at that hate level except Jonas on the silent playthrough, so I was able to push him over the edge with the whole Clarissa thing. All of this has been self discovered and tested.

As for time saved, without worrying about collectibles, it took about 2 hours to get to Adler estate screen. From there, to finish the partial playthroughs, they took about an hour each. So assuming someone was to use this method as opposed to three whole playthroughs, it would save four hours.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...