PS3 HDD data recovery

Ghanupher

Hello, fellow gamers!

A few days ago, my PS3 kicked the bucket (something regarding the "board", dunno if it's the "motherboard") and so I bought a new PS3.

Gullible enough, I thought that I could put my old PS3's HDD onto the new one and resume the games where I left them.

Little did I know...

There's no way to just transfer one HDD into a different console other than the one that HDD belongs to.

And so, I didn't perform any security backup on an external HDD, because I thought it wouldn't be needed.

So my question is the following:

Is there a way to recover that data from my old PS3 HDD (the console won't even boot up by now)

Can I "connect"  my old HDD to a notebook PC somehow and just transfer all the data to an external HDD?

Thanks in advance!

Your PS3 encrypts itself to the HDD when the OS is installed. For all intents of this site, your only recommendation for recovering your old contents is to revive your old console long enough to get the contents you want off your old HDD. 

Your old HDD isn’t going to recognizable to other OSes including Windows, OS X, Android, Linux so you won’t be able to just connect it and see the contents. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Your PS3 encrypts itself to the HDD when the OS is installed. For all intents of this site, your only recommendation for recovering your old contents is to revive your old console long enough to get the contents you want off your old HDD. 

Your old HDD isn’t going to recognizable to other OSes including Windows, OS X, Android, Linux so you won’t be able to just connect it and see the contents. 

This^

If you can't get your PS3 to work long enough to backup all your data, all the stuff you didn't backup beforehand will be gone forever :(.

• Like 1