Game always freeze

cometowner

I bought LA Noire Complete Edition and playing it al the way from beging to get the DLC cases done. 

Proir the the second DLC in vice case file game start freeze a lot. 

1. In loading screen 

2. In game when driving most

I tried a lot of things 

1. Delete data and re install

2. Rebuild database

3. Make sure disc with no scratch 

4. Disconnect from network while playing

5. No heating 

But nothing solved so i kept playing and freeze and i could somehow manage to get the DLC case done. 

However still need to complete vice and get into arson cases. 

Any solution? 

By the way all other games working fine digital and physical. Mean hardware is fine. 

Edited by cometowner

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and i just tried popping in our complete edition disc (EU) to try and connect to the Rockstar social club to get the outfit.

Not only could we not connect to Rockstar social club, but we can't even get it past the main menu screen, since the game shuts down the console and the red light flashes.

Turns out we're not the only ones though, and Rockstar already know about this issue. Are you ready for their advise?

Buy a PS3 Slim, it should work on those just fine....... gee, thanks!

So if you're playing L.A. Noire on an old fat PS3, you've got a 50/50 shot that your console will just turn itself off with a crash.

So i'll be honest, i can't say i'm surprised that the game crashes and freezes constantly, but i'm pretty sure this is a down to the coding issue, with no resolutions for the average gamer besides 'buy yourself another console'.

Gonna try our other fat PS3 tomorrow, but god damn is this game a freakin mess programming wise  :/ 

8 hours ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

My partner and i just tried popping in our complete edition disc (EU) to try and connect to the Rockstar social club to get the outfit.

Not only could we not connect to Rockstar social club, but we can't even get it past the main menu screen, since the game shuts down the console and the red light flashes.

Turns out we're not the only ones though, and Rockstar already know about this issue. Are you ready for their advise?

Buy a PS3 Slim, it should work on those just fine....... gee, thanks!

So if you're playing L.A. Noire on an old fat PS3, you've got a 50/50 shot that your console will just turn itself off with a crash.

So i'll be honest, i can't say i'm surprised that the game crashes and freezes constantly, but i'm pretty sure this is a down to the coding issue, with no resolutions for the average gamer besides 'buy yourself another console'.

Gonna try our other fat PS3 tomorrow, but god damn is this game a freakin mess programming wise  :/ 

I am using super slim. Been waiting for a reply, but I figured it out.

The physical edition I have turned to be a defective disc.  

do you have any idea how to repair it since it has no scratch on it?

11 hours ago, cometowner said:

I am using super slim. Been waiting for a reply, but I figured it out.

The physical edition I have turned to be a defective disc.  

do you have any idea how to repair it since it has no scratch on it?

A defective disc?

Hhhmmm, with no scratches or thumb prints on it i don't know if there really is a way to repair it.

The only other issues i've ever had with discs was the odd few with some of the paint taken off the art print, and some people reckon that the disc being 'semi-see through' could be an issue.

How have you worked out that you have a defective disc?

5 hours ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

A defective disc?

Hhhmmm, with no scratches or thumb prints on it i don't know if there really is a way to repair it.

The only other issues i've ever had with discs was the odd few with some of the paint taken off the art print, and some people reckon that the disc being 'semi-see through' could be an issue.

How have you worked out that you have a defective disc?

Tooth paste... I will try it ?

6 hours ago, cometowner said:

Tooth paste... I will try it 1f606.png

Not one i'd heard of before, but i understand the principle behind it.

You'd just bet hope that the only problem is scratches, cos if it's not it won't help.

I also defo would not recommend using something like a charcoal based toothpaste, that may be a weeny bit too abrasive  xD 

On 8/27/2021 at 10:22 AM, Ancestral_Spirit said:

Not one i'd heard of before, but i understand the principle behind it.

You'd just bet hope that the only problem is scratches, cos if it's not it won't help.

I also defo would not recommend using something like a charcoal based toothpaste, that may be a weeny bit too abrasive  xD 

toothpaste is like a myth for solving scratched CD. 

anyway this doesn't work also planning to buy another disc or digital

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 17/8/2021 at 0:35 PM, cometowner said:

I bought LA Noire Complete Edition and playing it al the way from beging to get the DLC cases done. 

Proir the the second DLC in vice case file game start freeze a lot. 

1. In loading screen 

2. In game when driving most

I tried a lot of things 

1. Delete data and re install

2. Rebuild database

3. Make sure disc with no scratch 

4. Disconnect from network while playing

5. No heating 

But nothing solved so i kept playing and freeze and i could somehow manage to get the DLC case done. 

However still need to complete vice and get into arson cases. 

Any solution? 

By the way all other games working fine digital and physical. Mean hardware is fine. 

I'm also stuck at the beginning of vice desk, my question is how do you manage to get platinum ? Any solution ? If yes please respon to my replied messages thanks.

On 24/01/2022 at 0:01 AM, flipskullhead said:

Please guys respon to my replied comments for those who knows the issue as soon as possible this bugs bother me and i wanted to play it until finish 1f622.png

My platinum i got long time ago 

Nine years back 

My problem is with one full dlc because game always freeze 

15 hours ago, flipskullhead said:

I'm sure i plat this game back in the day when i come back to play again it freeze at the beginning of vice desk, is this because server closure?

not because of server closure, not a single trophy affected by server clouser.

are you playing a vanilla version + DLC 

or 

Game of the year edition

secondly, are you playing on digital or physical? 

Edited by cometowner

12 hours ago, cometowner said:

not because of server closure, not a single trophy affected by server clouser.

are you playing a vanilla version + DLC 

or 

Game of the year edition

secondly, are you playing on digital or physical? 

Physical copies complete edition because it's super cheap but i'm sure it works 2 years ago i had no idea what's going on ?