Big DLC tip

Red_HoodXX

19 hours ago, Vextens said:

Not sure if I did this incorrectly or not but I entered the Shrine of Ash, spoke with the Sester, quit out, and when I loaded back in I was still in the Shrine of Ash. I'm guessing I shouldn't have spoken to the Sester?

I’ve tried the OP’s method at least 6 times and it hasn’t worked, I don’t know why. Tried talking to the Sester, exiting the game normally, closing the app, and nothing. 

Heres what i think is happening here, as i have tried this several times.  There are different layouts of instinct pillars.  When you quit out there may be another layout which will make some pillars appear where they were not before, but it won t make existing pillars reset.  I usually run around and check the other locations, and usually there are several new ones.  Even on a 3rd try there are often one or 2 that appear.

The way the autosave works in the game is hit and miss. It saves when u enter a new area, but sometimes doesn't save straight away, best to quit asap

If u really wanna make use of this, save backup before entering next dungeon so if it doesn't work, u can retry straight away 

Though this definitely sounds like a bug, I'm sure it will get patched

2 hours ago, maisie666 said:

Heres what i think is happening here, as i have tried this several times.  There are different layouts of instinct pillars.  When you quit out there may be another layout which will make some pillars appear where they were not before, but it won t make existing pillars reset.  I usually run around and check the other locations, and usually there are several new ones.  Even on a 3rd try there are often one or 2 that appear.

That explains what I was seeing. Good summary of the bug. I've edited the OP so there's no confusion.

Also if you want a good seed that has over 100 powerups (I stopped counting at 120), use 636349. I went into the final bosses with +14 strength (you should also boost the Runic Arch skill that turns regular items in the world into Mortal Instincts for maximum effectiveness).

Edited by Red_HoodXX

This just happened to me in a fashion. I'm doing my Obsidian Dark Form run and I clear everything in Fallgrim before going into the Shrine of Ash. Once in the Shrine of Ash I save and quit to back up my progress. When I get back into the game I'm at my spawn point in Fallgrim again and all enemies are dead, pillars are activated, and chests and items are collected. However, there are some new pillars and frog chests on the map now that I can collect new instincts from. Strangely, all the pillars are the red ones guarded by enemies. I know I didn't miss anything during my first run. So Fallgrim is largely barren with the exception of these new pillars and frog chests. No idea why it happened. I'm pretty sure I exited out of the game by speaking with the Sester in the Shrine so I don't know. 

• Like 1

Even better TC, if you are on PS4, clear out Fallgrim, then before moving on, save, quit and close game.

Now backup save, then go into save and delete MAP SAVE.

Then go back into game, load VC and Fallgrim will completely reset, buy you have all you Instincts and stuff from just before.

So I'n theory, you could just spam Fallgrim till your max everything, but guess where's the fun xD.

This is the same way the duping works in the main game.

Also, I saw someone further up mention the 'Increase Chance of World Items being Instincts' perk and said to get it soon as.

It should also be noted, this is a great perk, but makes farming for items MUCH more grindier! So if any1 wants to farm items, do it b4 you upgrade the perk above!!

• Like 3