DLC's: does private work?

VirtualNight

I will work on the 100% soon and I'd like to know if every DLC trophy that requires another human can be done in a private match. I think the mp is pretty dead nowadays and I don't want to play with randoms on a dying platform like the ps3.

Additionally, everything is doable with another person, right? apart from a few quick trophies requiring a third one.

On 8/26/2021 at 5:32 AM, VirtualNight said:

I will work on the 100% soon and I'd like to know if every DLC trophy that requires another human can be done in a private match. I think the mp is pretty dead nowadays and I don't want to play with randoms on a dying platform like the ps3.

Additionally, everything is doable with another person, right? apart from a few quick trophies requiring a third one.

1 hour ago, MiHighGator said:

I'm curious about this too. I'll be working on the Platinum for this game this year, but if 100% is still possible, I wouldn't mind boosting for the 100% or at least closer to it.

Yes, every DLC can be done privately. All but two(?) DLC trophies can be done between two people, the ones you can't need a minimum of three. One of them is Staying Alive because you need to get a kill as a zombie/creature to return as a human. You can only do this if your team has more than one player, otherwise you will lose that match. I forget what the other one might be though. Most team based trophies can simply be earned by starting a team match with one person on either team. It is worth noting that most, if not all of the games trophies are either based off of dog tags or medals that can be earned in the game.

In regards to the last DLC, Siege. It has trophy tips approved by Sony that are not accurate. Please see below:

Everybody Dies

Defeat 100 player-controlled agents and 100 player-controlled creatures.

This description is incorrect. You need to kill 100-player controlled agents as a creature, but only need to kill 100 creatures as an agent in general.

Civilian Casualties
Defeat the BSAA 100 times.

This description is deceptive. It implies that you simply need to win creature rounds, but is incorrect. You explicitly need to kill the BSAA NPC yourself. They cannot die from another creature or spawned creature. In the game, there is a medal awarded for both scenarios, but the tracker that matters is the "Terrorists Win" Dog Tag for this trophy, which is explicitly only when you kill the NPC yourself. The best map for this trophy is Catacombs because kills that you cause with a trap count as your kill.

Protect and Serve
Protect the BSAA without any of them getting hurt.

This description is wrong actually. It doesn't matter if the BSAA agent gets hit. What matters is that the NPC agent has 100% health at the end of the round. The agent can regenerate its HP when you are close-by and they haven't taken damage after some time. So, they can take a hit and then regen the health throughout the round and so long as they get to full, you will still get the trophy.

In general, Siege is the one DLC that will be the longest to boost if you choose to do so.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure private is fine.

Or at the very least, after boosting for this game almost twice, I don't have any memories of random people ruining the game.

Pretty sure that once you have made a private game you just play with each other, until you're both done. Except those trophies that require 3 people, but is actually pretty short to do.

• Like 2