Are RNG conversations pre-determined or can you save scum them?

Eternal21

Possibly, but for certain conversations to trigger I believe you need to continue interacting with and gifting them nectar until the "said" NPC initially talks about it or mentions it. So to answer the question, no, I do not think that would work, but I never tested this. It is easy enough to die if you need be as new dialogue appears usually after a run or whenever you die at least from when I was playing the game.

Edited by x410xDragon

The game auto-saves, and if you turn it off mid-run without manually going to quit, it will start you to the last save before your next run. It's possible to save scum, but it would require you to manually save, upload the save, then quit the game, delete the save on the system, and download the old save. Then start up, die, and then see if anything is different. It's not worth the time. It's faster to just start a new run, immediately die, and check out the new conversations. Doing it that way ensures the conversations you just got don't pop up again too.

There's also the possibility that you think you're just waiting for a conversation, without actually fulfilling the requirements. If you're save scrubbing, it's never going to pop up and you're going to waste a lot of time. I had this happen at the end of my run. I thought I did everything I needed to in order to get the Sisyphus storyline done, but I didn't. I needed to give Bouldy gifts until another scene popped up with Meg and Sisyphus that I thought had already happened, because there are a few of them. It's better to not risk it. 

• Like 2