Level 5-10 Time Trial

So far I didn't have any trouble beating the time trials on this game but this level had me run into a brick wall. The target time is 50.2 seconds and after an hour or so my best run is a 50.3. I'm trying to reduce my steering inputs to an absolute minimum and taking the corners as tightly as possible. I beat the target time on some of the other levels by 1.5 seconds but somehow can't shave off that last tenth I need to pass this one. Am I missing something?

• 2 months later...

You've hidden the trophies so I'm not sure if you've done it, but this video shows the technique you need to do for 5-10. It's the only level that requires it:

https://youtu.be/RFBy0BX7RiEwiyh

With this I was able to get 50.04, without I could only get 50.30 like you.

Also to note is that trophies for doing all levels didn't unlock at the same time for me. When I beat 10-10 I had all cheese/hearts but it only gave me the trophy for beating the last level. Replaying 1-1 twice unlocked those one after the other.

Same with not losing/time trials, only gave me one and replaying 1-1 again gave me the other. I assume replaying any level again would work as the game sees you've met the criteria when you beat the level.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've beaten every level and will soon finish off getting all the heart chips and cheese, but I do not understand how to beat any time trial. On 1-1 I can get within half a second, but no closer. I thought beating the game would unlock a speed boost or something, but it doesn't, and these target times are brutal! 

Am I supposed to jump at the start or sidehop off walls or something? 

• Like 1